« Art and Photography Forum

any disabled creators here?

it'd be wonderful to see other disabled creators on here. physical, mental, neurodevelopmental stuff, those are all welcome! i know the definition of disability can be complex but if you feel like it has a big impact on your life, then it is a disability. also, any kind of creative content counts, as long as it is yours or you give credit to anyone else involved.

i'll start! i'm Scoliwings, scoli for short, and i'm a deaf nonbinary cartoonist who's also autistic. they/them, ze/zir. mainly i like drawing furries, my art style aims to be cute and my portfolio site is here, as well as an art-only blog that i've been working on in my spare time. both sites have short comics that i've drawn, though someday i aim on doing longer comics and animations.

nice to meet y'all!

Report Topic

135 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Shrouded Rancher

posted

hello there, I'm Gena. I've got Lupus and have Aspergers. Horses are my focus in my art. . 

Report Reply

Hello, I'm J. D. I'm biracial, gay, engaged and in love cis male. I'm mentally disabled, I have acute social anxiety, depression, PTSD and I'm seeing people to help me through it. I'm also physically disabled with a form of partial paralysis I'm seeing other's trying to figure out. There's a lot more story behind all of these things, but that I don't share too often. Another thing that helps me through all of this it is my writing. I'm a self-publishing author with my debut book coming out in the beginning of March, co-published with my best friend (more information here and on my profile!) it'd be awesome to meet other creators like myself and make some new  friends.

Report Reply

Reply by Soozie Bea

posted
updated

Hey folx! 

I have a myriad of physical, mental, and emotional stuff I deal with on the daily. 

I love crafting - and was kinda pissed there was no Crafting forum grouping. I feel like it falls under Art if anything. I sew, I handstitch, I knit, I cross stitch... I create hats and gloves and clothes and toys and pillows mostly for myself right now.

Anywho - hello all from this phoenix gal!

(She/her)
A beautiful fire-bird lighting up a black background

Report Reply

Reply by EdenAnarchy

posted

I have narcolepsy and aspergers. I’m a seamstress and crafter.

Report Reply

Reply by bongwaterdrinker

posted

right here!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Muirgen the Siren

posted
updated

Hey there! I'm Muirgen and go by they/them or fae/faer. I'm gay and have been married for 4 years. I have ADHD, Bipolar, PTSD, and a medley of physical disabilities. I'm a textile artist/seamster and make mobility aid accessories and non-gendered top-surgery pillows. :3

Report Reply

Reply by SDesires

posted

I have PTSD, social anxiety, depression and a few other things. I used to draw and write poetry when I was younger, but now I stick to digital creations. I have dabbled in Daz3D, creating items for a virtual social network that I have since left (I don't like drama and it was full of it), photomanipulations, coding (nothing major - I'm actually reteaching myself due to being away from it for so long), crochet, and whatever else I learn. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lucy

posted
updated

I have schizoaffective disorder (bi polar type) and severe anxiety. I enjoy photography very much as an outlet and hobby. Please feel free to add me other disabled creators <3

Report Reply

Reply by Mike Hosoda

posted
updated

Hey, I'm Mike and I'm a disabled (Spina bifida) graphic designer!

If you'd like to see my work, I'd love any follows on socials, FB & IG @weareronincreative, on Twitter @RONINCREATIVEVC, or on my website, www.weareronincreative.com!

Report Reply

Reply by MiahGrace

posted

hey! I have a Bum leg, wiggly vertebrae and have CMS. 

more importantly I sew my little fingers off!

Report Reply

Reply by SpectralMelodies

posted

Right here, ADHD to the max suffered through 37 years of it before getting diagnosed. I do figure and landscape drawings and dabble in abstraction leaning towards fauvism.

Report Reply

Reply by ❥ tessa

posted

hi! i'm a digital artist with chronic fatigue syndome, depression and anxiety~ 

Report Reply

Reply by Fennec Zorro DeVoss

posted

I have EDS and lots of neurocomplications, motor tics (awaiting appointment re checking out if Tourette's is cause), lots of neurodiversity due to dyslexia, dyspraxia, and i suspect ADHD, I also think I carry a lot of ASD in my genes as one child is diagnosed and another is waiting on ASD?ADHD assessment.

I identify as strongly as queer as I do disabled though, and create cut-up collage. 

Report Reply

Reply by RainbowDoggieUnicorn

posted

I'm have Autism I do Traditional and digital art but I have some trouble trying to post my art here sometimes.

Report Reply

Reply by Charlotte Parker

posted

I'm 25 and my boyfriend of going on 4 years now, discovered signs of my epilepsy about 3 years ago. My seizures were mild focal partials typically lasting less than 30 seconds so they were easy to miss. I didn't believe his theory so it wasn't until I had a more serious seizure in my sleep that led my diagnosis. Luckily they have never caused me too much harm. The main way it holds me back is I can't drive but I didn't do that much before. But I had recently overcome my fear of driving and got my license and had the chance to if I were to save up to get my own car. I rely on rides for work - only doing 4 hour days currently. Oh and I also have a very unreliable short and long term memory - I'm scatterbrained.

Anyway I like to write and do art. My other disability, however, is being a chronic lazy procrastinater.. I recently got a new iPad and apple pencil thanks to $ from stimulus checks and have only done a tiny bit of art. There's no lack of ideas, I have plenty, just need to find my motivation I guess. .-.

My boyfriend also has mentioned he feels I could have, very high-functioning, autism. Also feels like I have ADHD tendencies at times.

Report Reply

Reply by KingOfTheLeeches

posted

Hello! I’m Andy. I have Lupus, chronic migraine, seizures, and I’m Autistic. I use They/Them and He/Him. I’m a photographer/craft enthusiast who plans to start making soap soon.

Report Reply

Reply by Melissa

posted

hey I'm melissa I have schizoaffective disorder and a visual spatial learning disability.  I love both cats/dogs right now I'm fostering two cats pepe the patient a tortoise shell colored cat and my mama cat faith nice orange brown and white calico?  Feel free to add me here and i will be putting up my instagram/video game links soon. 

Report Reply

Reply by xxPawlinaPoisonxx

posted

Hi ! I`m still figuring out my name but you can call me Gerardyn. I am non-binary, pansexual & probably single 4 life -_- ... I don`t know if I can say I am disabled, but what I know is that I am neurodivergent - I have synesthesia, which means, I can see sounds, associate names, numbers, letters etc with colors, taste by a single glance etc... basically a thing that will only activate 1 sense in a non-synesthete activates more in me. I also suffer from chronic stress , & trauma , but not PTSD. also a certain natural process causes me so much pain i faint every month (even yesterday) but i think i have it after my aunt

Report Reply

Reply by T̶o̶b̶y̶

posted

oof yeah, i’m glad you posted this! i have moderate-severe tourette’s syndrome, a chronic pain disorder, and psychotic depression (plus a multitude of other disabling mental health..issues, but i’m not going into that rn). i’m a pretty new content creator (if i can even be called that yet) but i’m starting to post some of my art and cosplay, i plan on putting up links soon if anyone is interested ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by that dog motif

posted
updated

Hello!! I have Nerodivergencey! My style is mainly cartoon like but I draw stuff like madness combat characters! 

Report Reply

Reply by polarboiyeahz

posted

hello i haveautism, dyslexia, ocd, adhd, etc. my art is usually focused on shape, color combinations, and darkness; i also dont 100% have a perfect understanding as to how to manuever through this site so i apologize if anything looks skewed

Report Reply

Reply by Mist Sterious

posted

i have a variety of mental disabilities but am ablebodied, nice 2 meet u!

Report Reply

Reply by Lp Johnson

posted
updated

Hey! I'm Lea, Cat Person, Author, Artist, Poet, Photographer, Editor, Music LOVER (R&B, Gospel, Jazz, Classical, Symphony if it's got Rhythm I'm in!). I'm a older wheelchair user living life as it goes. Glad to meet and greet! 

Report Reply

Reply by rox

posted

hi im rox!! im 18, nb, and use xe/zhe/it pronouns!

i am considered legally blind due to an issue with my left eye not developing all the way before birth!
u can find my art on my instagram @ 9sinners

Report Reply

Reply by Melrose

posted

Hi, I'm Melrose. I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of six, and was never given treatment for it as I was AFAB. I am nonbinary, and part of the neurodiverse spectrum. I was diagnosed with CPTSD, DID, and chronic severe depression/anxiety. I do AI art, using Artbreeder, Night Cafe Studios and Google's Deep Dreamer tools. (Fascinating how AI has advanced!)

Report Reply

Reply by Lariat Swim

posted

hai scoliwings! i'm lariat and i'm a nonbinary digital artist with ADHD and a slew of physical disabilities. ur art iz super cute! 

Report Reply

Reply by voli´s diary

posted

holaaa, soy pochu tengo asperger, amo dibujar aun que normalmente dibujo solo de los hombros para arriba porque me encanta dibujar caras (aun que la mayoria sean iguales u-u)

Report Reply

Reply by offline335

posted

my name is mith!! ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
i'm still kind of a minor and suspected to have autism (aspergers),,
which kind of shows with my fixation on cute things and character creations ,, ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა
i got by any pronouns and make art sometimes!!

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

My name is Derivsh and I'm a 20-year-old artist and looking to get into music. I have ADHD, PTSD, and I'm probably autistic. 

Report Reply

Reply by aceypoo1312

posted

yuh. i have sjia (it’s just more complicated juvenile arthritis)

Report Reply

Reply by Ark

posted

o/ nice to meet y'all! I'm multiply disabled and a multimedia artist, been focusing a lot on fashion and charcoal lately :D

Report Reply

Reply by STINGRAY

posted

HAII !! Mai namez Harlow (he/him & pup/pups)!!!I am a 16 yr old disabled, black n latino, n queer digital artizt!!!!11! I am autistic, schizophrenic, and I have ADHD, GERD, and CFS/ME. (I also hav a speech impediment butz i dnt relly count dat az a disability, personally!!!) I find it hard 2 create art, esp due 2 mai chronic fatigue & pain, butz recently I hav been trying mai best 2 create moar !!! I pozt primarily on mai tumblr, but alzo mai buzzly and instagram!

Report Reply

Reply by Quackbur08 (Dop #1)

posted
updated

Dose mental disorders count? Cause if so names Jax I’m a self taught artist at 13 and I have ptsd, adhd, add, memory loss, poor vision,  going def, anxiety and so forth and so forth. Don’t know if any of this counts tho

Report Reply

Reply by kai ✧˚ · .

posted

replying to the above, i assume so! well if they do im autistic n i have anxiety & depression.. prob some other stuff but yeah lol i just joined so i dont have much up but i have my insta n stuff linked if u wanna look at my art there! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Skipperdoodles32

posted
updated

My name is Skipper, with autism, ADHD & OCD.

I am a self-taught artist, doing traditional & digital, & have also dabbled in music, writing & photography. I’m pretty aesthetically minded overall.
I also just created this account today.

You can follow me on Twitter (@skippith32) TikTok (@skipperdoodles32) & I have an account on PanelJam (@Skipperdoodles32).

(It/she + neos.)

Report Reply

Reply by my_apocalypse06

posted

hi !!

i'm yuuki/septhis, i have autism, depression and STAAR. i go by he/him ONLY. my art mainly is fanart!! i am however drawing animals a bit more as well lately :3 nice to meet u !!

Report Reply

Reply by SolarRaign

posted

hi yall! im kian/solar and I'm an autistic femme-enby, I also struggle with speech and auditory issues. I prefer using they/her pronouns but any work just fine! 

I mainly do digital art (will attach one of my fave pieces below). I would love to follow more artists, digital or not, so hmu if you'd like to exchange instas or toyhouse profiles!

thank you for reading and i hope to find artist friends on here!

Report Reply

Reply by Austin Taylor

posted

Hi! I’m Taylor! I have like, way too many things to list. But, the most important ones are ADHD, Social Communications Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and a shit ton of learning disorders! Happy to make your acquaintance!

Report Reply

Reply by Vid the Impaler

posted

yeeeuppp *slaps thigh*  all I can contribute to this thread is, lets keep making things when we can, and try our best for keeping ourselves as healthy as can be when we cannot handle... I cheer for the underdogs, I cheer for myself, and I cheer for birbs. GO FORTH AND CONQUER YOUR DAY HOWEVER HARD YOU CAN

Report Reply

Reply by Aggs

posted
updated

Very hard to want to post anywhere that has masses of people participating but here we go....

Agatha, she/they, i've got aspergers, chronic back pain, various anxiety issues from CPTSD, ADHD, and clinical depression i've been trying to get officially diagnosed so I can be medicated for it. I'm branching out into simplistic and surreal art forms after practicing high-quality furry character renders for about a decade. My biggest inspirations come from "depressive-moe" artists, Hellboy and various DC comics, and Sam and Max Freelance Police! Learning HTML and CSS to try and get a web dev job with music as a hobby I plan to expand into when I get into a better place. I post most of my art to my twitter here, although I wanna make a website where I can host my stuff, especially whenever it gets into the tens of thousands of pixels for resolution. 

The image below is a WIP i've been pushing through 5 months strong now. 

Still not done, drawing everything individually

Report Reply

Reply by (━┳━ _ ━┳━)

posted

Hey my name is J, I'm HoH and slowly becoming more deaf. I paint and draw and stuff.

Report Reply

Reply by Aquandria

posted

Hello, everybody! 

My name is Aquandria. I have anxiety disorder, unspecified learning disorders, ibs, gerd, and multiple sclerosis.

However, I make art and music along with take photos, especially nature. It's definitely a coping mechanism. 

It just goes to show that we all have special gifts to show for the world. Sending my love and positive vibes to you all. 💜

Report Reply

Reply by bovertigo

posted

hi!!! Im Deux/Bop and im an ambonec, demiromantic, artist, animator, and future voice-over artist/actor with cogenital anosmia (basically born without the ability to smell XP)

Report Reply

Reply by Charlie

posted

Heya, im charlie. Ive got autism and adhd. Im physically disabled. I like animating and cartoons from the 90’s :3

Report Reply

Reply by V/A

posted

my name is v/a, i have adhd and i'm being tested for autism spectrum disorder, and i make little cartoons, or i will make cartoons, at the moment i'm just crafting the stories and characters. they're mostly based in a more realistic setting with certain aspects pushed to an extreme. i like exploring how something seemingly innocent can be corroded over time to become something vile :) fascinating stuff lemme tell ya

Report Reply

Reply by poopybutthole

posted

hey! I'm Rai, and I'm a host of an OSDD 1-B system and have autism and ADHD! I'm an artist and music producer!

Report Reply

Reply by kaz

posted

does autism count igf so yea    i like to draw cartoons

Report Reply

Reply by CountFagula

posted

Hello my name is Link or Eddie (prefer Eddie) I’m a Agender Demi Aromantic person with Heds, PoTS,Fibromyalgia, Lupus and I’m autistic with ADHD. I create Kandi and write a little bit! I’m working on learning to crochet! 

Report Reply

Reply by slyshibe

posted

Hey everyone!

Idk if it counts but I have dyslexia and apd so things like reading and writing are physically painful for me so I draw to forget lol 

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Report Reply

Reply by Aiden Acidbath

posted

im not sure if ive got anything else going on but i do have tourette's syndrome, and i occassionally post art on here and all the time on tumblr (which is a supernatural blog sooo idk if anyone is into that lol. king-aidey if you are)

Report Reply