« News and Politics Forum

?

Posted by Des☿

posted

Forum: News and Politics

Is there anyone else who doesn't identify as a republican nor a democrat they just actually listen to the values and plans of others and vote based off that? cause same 

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by umbrykane

posted

How could you post and ask something so controversial and brave...You're not allowed to do that, you have to vote for x or y based on what society tells you to vote for....Lol, imagine actually voting for someone based on their values and morals as if you were an individual and not part of a collective....

But anyways, what they should start doing, instead of how they are doing it now, just have people run, don't let others know WHO is running.  When its time to vote, the ballots will just have the ideals of the person. It wont have the person's name, race, gender, religion, party, etc.  That way we'll vote for their ideas and morals rather than their race, gender, etc, etc, etc.

Or just have the president be a lottery system. Have everyone's SSN in a pool and pull it.  Probably advertise the number on TV/social media, if the person is of legal age (Gotta be 35 to run for president (You need to be a US citizen too, but only citizens get SSN's (as far as i know)), and wants to be president, they are now president. If not then they get a new SSN (And any debt they had gets wiped out (consolation prize), if they want to be, they still get a new SSN and now get to be president.

These ideas are actually less broken than the current voting system, but no one is ready to talk about that....

Report Reply

Reply by Monicka Larrabee

posted

I think this used to be much more achievable in prior years. The parties have gotten even more polarized, and people are so party loyal that I don't understand how you can do this except for maybe in local elections. 

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

Reply by singsian

posted
updated

NOOOOOO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO THINK CRITICALLY AND FOR YOURSELF YOU NEED TO SIDE WITH YOUR PREFERRED IDEOLOGY ON EVERY ISSUE EVER AND IGNORE OR INSULT ANY OPPOSING ARGUMENT!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Alice

posted

Same yeah. Republicans protect the owning class by distracting everyone with culture war BS. Democrats protect the owning class by lying about how they'll make life for workers better. They're one party, the Purple party and they just serve individuals who own all the land, facilities, and infrastructure. The workers who built all this and run it all in daily life should be the ones served and serving. Until we have that collective power though, I don't see much point in most electoral politics barring few exceptions. Ballot measures are pretty useful though.

Report Reply

Reply by Buddy willhoite (indiana)

posted

Idk but fjb 

Report Reply

Reply by Buddy willhoite (indiana)

posted

Idk but fjb 

Report Reply