« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Batman Returns is a Christmas Movie (You Can't Change My Mind)

Okay guys. Let's admit it. Movie lovers adore the Die Hard films, so much so, that for the past fifteen or so years, die hard fans (see what I did there?) of the Die Hard movie franchise have gone to great lengths to say; Die Hard is a Christmas film. I enjoy the film myself, yet, what about another action flick set around the holidays that doesn't get much love?

Batman Returns is a great film, for many reasons. Danny DeVito nailed the role as Penguin, Michelle Pfeiffer was every boys dream as Catwoman, and Michael Keaton was, and is, well, Batman. Tim Burton and Danny Elfman worked well together to deliver a dark and gritty Gotham with an even darker story which mirrors the character of Bruce Wayne.

The film has loads of Christmas references! I mean even more than Die Hard.

Christmas Presents
Christmas Carols
Christmas Trees
Lighting of the tree
Santa Clause
Even a kiss under the missile-toe!

So what gives? Why is Die Hard looked at as a Christmas film, whereas Batman Returns generally is it? Heck, I'd even say Batman Returns is more of a Christmas film due to the fact there is snow in the movie! 

Will Batman Returns ever get its due credit?

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Greg

posted

I watch Batman Returns every year around Christmas time. Only movie I do that for

Report Reply

Reply by Diabla Venenosa

posted

I didn't even know this was an argument to be had yo lol I can definitely accept Batman Returns as a Christmas movie- especially if people can consider the entirety of the Harry Potter series as a christmas movie 

Report Reply

Reply by ≈ MiDNiGHT WHiSPeRS ≈

posted

Yes it is! And my favorite Batman film!

Report Reply

Reply by Dennis McDaniel

posted