Topic: Touhou

Sort Replies:

Reply by lofn

posted
updated

I really like the Komeiji sisters :D

My favourite games would probably be: SA & UM

And here are some of my favourite songs: Desire Drive, Jelly Stone, Kitten of Great Fortune, Heian Alien and a lot more

Report Reply

Reply by Mila

posted
updated

I gotta say that my favourite games gotta be the first gen of the windows era... EoSD, PCB and IN have pretty much all my favourite characters, but also got a soft spot for the PC98 era, especially TH5

Favourite Character gotta be Rumia but mostly for fanon reasons, but I also really love Marisa and Alice (Alice especially is a literally me character) as well as Cirno cause funny memes  ⑨ but I also have soft spots for Remilia, Flandre, Daiyousei, Yukari and Yuyuko

For favourite song I gotta go with beloved tomboyish girl, but a lot of IOSYS tracks hit really hard like Cirnos perfect math class, Scarlet Police, Marisa Stole the Precious Thing, and Scarlet Calling

Report Reply

Reply by wintertide (hiatus)

posted

probably ufo or in, a lot of characters i can't choose one specifically, also there's just a ton of 2hu music that i like that i also can't choose specifcally

and uh... idk any shot type as long as it gets the job done?

Report Reply

Reply by CALLIE/MEG 🍟

posted

either imperishable night or subterranean animism, i love nue houjuu w/ my whole heart, so it’s unsurprising that heian alien is my fav song! i’m not good at the games, but i usually just go with reimu because i dunno how other character’s shot types work..

Report Reply

Reply by Ex Ghost

posted

• My favorite game is probably Imperishable Night since it's the only one I seem to be decent at (the only one i can 1cc on easy c':)

• Favorite Character would be Yukari, since I can't think of one and she was my og favorite.

• Favorite song atm is Eternal Spring Dream. I just love how it flips between tones and how it progresses.

• Im a basic Reimu A player because learning all the shot types is intimidating and i'd rather just get into the game (however I used to play Sakuya A when I was more into Perfect Cherry Blossom)

Report Reply

Reply by Yuniiko

posted

im horrible at the shmups but ILOVE THE FIGHTING GAMES 

my fave is hata no kokoro ☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Report Reply

Reply by INACTIVE BECAUSE LAZY

posted

I haven't played Touhou yet I wanna play waaaagghhh 🫠

Though Koishi is my beloved and Old Yuanxian is best song, but hey any other Touhou music is cool too

Report Reply

Reply by st1x

posted

perfect cherry blossom.

rin kaenbyou (orin).

hartmans youkai girl.

cant say.

Report Reply

Reply by renny

posted

i'm terrible at the shmups, but i have been engrossed in 2hu for a long time as a result of being into vocaloid and mmd when i was younger. i love koishi the most, but also suika and patchouli :^)

Report Reply

Reply by ease_wastrel

posted

IN and SA were the best ones I've played, also I'm really confused with what I feel about LoLK. I mean I played it in point device mode (which felt like the intended way imo) and it was quite tiring to do the same spells again and again but also the bosses were really cool so really, idk.

Character : I love Wriggle!!1!

Music : Lots of 2hu music is quite good but PCB music is my fav I think. Just listen to Alice's theme lol. Also Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye.

Shot Type : I generally go with Reimu, Sanae / Reisen are good too. Sakuya in later games is mind boggling.

Report Reply

Reply by Wavy

posted

Fav Game: Touhou 18 ~ Unconnected Marketeers (or TH08 depending on the mood)

Fav Character: Megumu

Fav Song: Last Occultism or Immemorial Marketeers

Fav Shot Type: Can't say honestly

Also, ZUN should be revealing TH19's cover in a few days as he usually reveals them on July 25-26.

Report Reply

Reply by lank

posted
updated

legacy of lunatic kingdom or perfect cherry blossom. . . i really like nazrin, fav songs probs UFO Romance in the Night Sky. Not sure about shot type :P

Report Reply

Reply by navi

posted

imperishable night or mountain of faith

kaguya yuuka or patchouli

dichromatic lotus butterfly red and white or wind god girl

uh Sakuya A in PCB i think idfk

Report Reply

Reply by 0M01D3*J3W37RYYY

posted

sakuya is my fav

Report Reply

Reply by Charlie~✩

posted

I've only ever played the PC-98 games, but my favorite is probably Lotus Land Story, and my favorite character is Raiko

Report Reply

Reply by Takyon

posted
updated

touhou luna nights is my favorite, even though its not even a part of the main series. i never got into the bullet hell games. sakuya's my favorite if u couldn't already tell.

Report Reply

Reply by Dimmy

posted

Fav game has got to be between Imperishable Night and Legend of Lunatic Kingdom (first one I played lol)

My favs r Yukari, Tewi, Reisen and wriggle

Fav song is Nostalgic Blood of the East with Native faith in a close second

For shot types I'll choose any as long as its a homing shot :p

Report Reply

Reply by marieadversary

posted

i know nothing about touhou but i fucking love reimu's armpits

Report Reply

Reply by TOMMY

posted

SOO HAPPY TO SEE A TOUHOU RELATED THREAD!!!!!!

I think my favorite game has to be IN and DDC!! IN has the best OST imo, next to EOSD!! ESPECIALLY REISEN'S THEME, that guitar before the main part is everything <33 

DDC is mostly cuz it was the first game i 1cc:d (on easy mode but it still-)

My top 3 are Reisen, Kaguya and Mike but i rly can't pick a favorite. I can say tho that Konngara is my favorite PC98 character!! ^^ 

Report Reply

Reply by Arik Ozotf

posted

i love touhou sm ^_^. favorite game is either unconnected marketeers or double dealing character. the mechanics make the games very forgiving. um especially, and i often go back and replay with a different goal in mind.

favorite character is ichirin kumoi and parsee mizuhashi.

it's so hard to pick just one song, but my favorites rn are desire drive, and heian alien. ufo has the best soundtrack tho.

favorite shottypes are sakuyaA in pcb, reisen in lolk, or the malice combo in imperishable night :D.

Report Reply

Reply by chris

posted

Koumakyou, as of now I've Lunatic 1cc'd that game 13 times now, Aya Shameimaru is my favorite character in general, and Reimu Needle is my favorite shot in every game she's in.

Report Reply

Reply by JustSomeLego

posted

Favorite game: Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism. Love everything about it, from the general feeling of being underground to the coolest stage 6 boss in the series (love the loud sirens for each spell card)

Favorite character: Alice Margatroid. Not really sure why, I've just always liked her a lot. Maybe it's the simple design or that she's one of the few PC98 characters to stick around into the Windows era.

Favorite song: Can't go wrong with any, but "Faith Is For The Transient People" and "Heartfelt Fancy" are probably tied for my favorites.

Favorite shottype: Needles. Any forward focus is usually my go to. I'm not great at dodging for long periods of time so the faster I can end a spell, the better.

Report Reply

Reply by Wendigoonie

posted

I havent played any touhou games, but I LOVE playing them in Dance Dance Revolution!

Report Reply

Reply by Zeta Luke

posted

Game: Imperishable Night

I feel like it has the best climax of any touhou game and its really cool how it felt like there was more continuity in the games than normal considering all the returning characters.  idk i could talk about it for awhile if i wanted to get in-depth. 

Character: Kanako

no idea why i gravitated towards her but i did. just really dig her design, enough to cosplay as her :D

Song: Night Falls ~ Evening Star (The SWR version)

Shot Type: Homing Amulet 

because im a scrub lol.

Report Reply

Reply by y.w.g.i

posted

i love playing the games (even though i kind of still suck) but i dont think i have a favorite game!

koishi komeiji!

hartmaan's youkai girl (i have a lot of favorite songs)

chiyari's fucked up shot type in th19

Report Reply

Reply by gremlinincident

posted

I've never actually played, but my old flatmate is absolutely obsessed with the soundtrack from this game and played it nonstop in our living room to the point of converting me into loving it too, it's so lively but still something I can concentrate to. He's showed me some videos of gameplay and I think I'd die instantly if I tried to play, since it looks rly hard, but I'd love to just watch someone else play and enjoy the music!

Report Reply

Reply by XxkawaiimangoxX

posted

i like 2hu 7 my fav theme is parsees theme i love satori and raymoo :3

Report Reply

Reply by Calamariboop

posted
updated

My favorite Touhou games are Touhou 3 and Touhou 9 (you can guess why those are my favorite) surprisingly I’m not much of a fan of Touhou 19! I love the Phantasmagoria type gameplay but 19 just feels too unfair to me. 

Anyways here are my favorite characters! Rumia, Flandre, Remilia, Utsuho, Kurumi, Kanako, and Rika

Report Reply

Reply by sunibot

posted

Perfect Cherry Blossom, Koishi or Sekibanki, Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart, probably the talismans Reimu uses but other than that I don't really have much opinion on it

Report Reply

Reply by Sunny

posted

sadly i havent played much of the games due to how dogwater i am at them but i guess i could say my favorite is urban legend in limbo

my favorite characters are koishi, sagume, sariel, yuuka, and reisen!

and my favorite song is lunatic eyes invisible full moon/reisen's theme

Report Reply

Reply by Ridley

posted

Favorite Game: Subterranean Animalism 

Favorite Character: Koishi & Flandre

Favorite Song: Last Remote

Favorite Shot Type: IDK

₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊

Report Reply

Reply by PONOR_EN

posted

What is your favorite game? Favorite character? Favorite song? Favorite shot type? Let's go!

HSiFS (th19 is a close second)
Chiyari
Vampiric Cryptid Chupacabra
MarisaB MOF 3p glitch

otherwise th19 chiyari solely because my trash gremlin is top tier

Report Reply

Reply by raka!!!

posted

Imperishable night!

it's a tie between suika, cirno and reimu :]

broken moon and beloved tomboyish girl

as for shot types, I don't really have an opinion??? mostly cause I don't think too much about it

I normally pick reimu's homing amulet when it's an option tho (sue me lol)

Report Reply

Reply by DoktorFeely

posted

FAV GAME: I cant pick between UFO or LOLK.

FAV CHARACTERS: Nue Houjuu, Yumemi Okazaki, Seija Kijin, Chiyari Tenkajin, Chiyuri Kitashirakawa

FAV SONGS: Heian Alien, Ufo Romance in The Night Sky, Strawberry Crisis, Now Until The Moment You Die, + more i hav sm..

FAV SHOT TYPE: probably any of marisa's shot types but i def love the bullet shaped type..

Report Reply

Reply by SalatMan64

posted

Favorite Game: Perfect Cherry Blossom and Unfinished Dream of All Living Ghost

Favorite Character: Yukari Yakumo and Ran Yakumo

Favorite Song: Crazy Backup Dancers

Favorite Shot Type: I dont know

Report Reply

Reply by koko

posted

Reply by hiroo

posted

FAV GAME:  Imperishable Night and Subterranian Animism!!!

FAV CHARACTER: Koishi and Satori, silly sisters :3

FAV SONG: Koishi's theme/Hartmann's Youkai Girl, junko's theme/Pure furies and more..

FAV SHOT TYPE: idk :'] 

Report Reply

Reply by CraziiCuack

posted

Soy del tipo de personas que le gusta cirno por el simple hecho de que este en una botella encerrada :v

Report Reply

Reply by диалга

posted

fav game: udoalg or hsifs

fav character(s): okina, miko, mima, rinnosuke, nue

fav song: many but i really like the stb title screen theme

fav shottype: aya-winter and reimu-fall (hsifs), reimu (td and udoalg)

Report Reply

Reply by asteroidsquidstorm

posted

definitely imperishable night, embodiment of scarlet devil, subterranean animism, mountain of faith, and the pc-98 mystic square.

Imperishable night because it has characters I like. (Also the lore) and most of the stages are really fun, especially reimu's stage. My fav theme from there is probably Kaguya's and Reimu's.

EOSD because of the nostalgia factor

Subterranean Animism because of Komeji sisters and their palace and pets (LOve nuclear bird girl okuu)

MoF because the controls got better. Especially the collect item border. And when the items get close to you, you can easily magnetise(?) them to you. Sanae's theme is really awesome. Also I just love Nitori. 

I wanted to play the other pc-98 games too but I could only play Mystic Square. It's fun because of the graphics even though it stabs my eyes.

Report Reply

Reply by chuckablefox

posted
updated

>PCB or SA, both games are particularly enjoyable to me and i find myself playing those the most
>picking a singular favorite character is difficult, but I enjoy Chen, Utsuho, and Reisen a lot
>Evening Star ~ Night Falls
>Reimu homing has never led me astray

Report Reply

Reply by Archi TRXC3R

posted

My Fav is Th03, it's funny to play with friends. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kate Tolace

posted

Touhou 9 (i know, rare)
Patchouli Knowledge
Necrofantasia
LoLK Sanae!

I love the Touhou series, I've just been finding it difficult to interact with fans. Mostly because the other platform I'm on, tumblr, is made up of people who don't use the tags right, so I see more bad stuff than I see fanart :c

Report Reply

Reply by AndyX07

posted

EoSD, Cirno, Border of Life (Yuyuko)

Btw: this is my cirno fumo :)

Report Reply

Reply by AndyX07

posted

EoSD, Cirno, Border of Life (Yuyuko)

Btw: this is my cirno fumo :)

Report Reply

Reply by FILTER

posted

probably undefined fantastic object because of rensenware

Report Reply

Reply by SupaCotn

posted

I'm not much of a Touhou fan but I like PCB, granted I haven't 1cc'd it yet.

Also Cirno is probably my favorite character in the series, she's such an arrogant dumbass, she reminds me of Cotton in a lot of ways. Marisa is close second.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrrr

posted

esd is gud

Report Reply