« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

BONES//ODDITIES//VULTURE CULTURE

Anybody here like to collect bones? 

I don't know what it is about them that i love so much, but i have a suitcase full of bones. 
I have a horse skull, cow skull, raccoon skull, deer skull, and i also take smaller bones and make earrings out of them. 
All of the bones i find come straight outta the woods that i find lying around, 
Along with the horse skull, i have almost the entire skeleton, i found it out at the woods edge where a horse farm used to be, mightve been one that got lost or got sick and crawled off, poor baby   

I treat them all with respect because they were once alive, they all have their own unique bandana that i wrap them in and put away. 

I also have a cane toad pouch for my banjo picks i ordered online. Cane toads are an invasive species in australia, and while i may not agree with going out and murder spreeing them, its either that or allowing an entire ecosystem to suffer. People make and sell frog leather from cane toads, turn them into pouches and purses and what have you. 

I don't really do alot of wet specimens, i like things i can hold and feel, although a brain in a jar would be LITTT, but then again i don't know how I'd feel about having a brain that onced belonged to someone same with human bones, i wouldn't personally be alright with having them. 

I'd love to hear about what you got!! 💕

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Robot

posted

-I don't care if i get the bone, I'll just leave it.

I have never seen anything so beautiful, I have no problem getting the bones from the forest. 

I have seen the bones in a movie or something and they're beautiful, but it is so hard to find them and i have a hard time seeing the real bones in a movie or any movie, i just want them to look real and they're beautiful. 

If someone wants to get a bone from a tree and it looks real but the tree is so small and there are no branches or anything that could be seen through that it's just not going to be the same, i want to know where it came from. I have never seen the tree, but if someone is willing to give it up and get the bone i will.

If someone wants a bone from the forest and they don't have anything to sell, I will get a piece of wood. 

If someone is willing to give up the whole thing and give it to someone who can get the whole piece, I will get a piece of leather.

If someone wants to get an entire body from the forest, and i want the whole body to be a piece of leather i will.

The only problem is i dont have a good idea how to do this and the first person to do this will have a bad experience.

So, what do you think, do you think i will get a bone from the tree?

- I think it will be beautiful but it's not a perfect piece. 

I will probably never see it, i just don't know what to expect. 

But I do know, that if i do find it in a movie i want the whole piece, it will probably have a real quality to it. 

If anyone has a suggestion or a video that could be of use for you to

Report Reply

Reply by tree guy alex

posted

I agree with you i love bones 1  have a human skulland several sheep teeth my friend resently got 5 horse and ram skulls !

Report Reply

Reply by xXskullstomperXx

posted

I’ve got a couple deer, tons of raccoons. My favourites are the tiny little bird skulls I’ve found. My largest is a hog.

I have the very small and frail skeletons of frogs and lizards too, they seem to get trapped in the house often((

Report Reply

Reply by dave

posted

my bf gave me bones for valentines day and i want more but dont live in the forest

Report Reply

Reply by Maureen

posted

I just have two chicken bones and one turkey bone but I want a cat skull and a raven skull and a crow skull and a dog skull.

I've been using my little bones for readings and decorating my altar

Report Reply

Reply by CoppeliaFoxworth

posted

Both me and my mom collect bones!  Between the both of us we have collected two full deer skulls,, moose bones and cat bones.  I also make jewelry out of dead bugs with resin :)

Report Reply

Reply by xXcrowFlockXx

posted

So cool! Once I found a cat skull in the garden

Report Reply

Reply by Moss

posted

The only thing I have is a deer skull named skullliosis, I found them in the woods behind my school 

Report Reply

Reply by Vik

posted

my bones unfortunatly had to stay in my prev house, because i couldn't transport it across the border. i have a mouse skull choker, though. the jewel of my necklace collection for sure. 

Report Reply

Reply by ︎0ffl1ne♡

posted

I haven’t had the opportunity to collect any but if I could I would, I love collecting things and I love bones (I draw them and think bones and skeletons are so cool, morbid fascination goes crazy lol) 

Report Reply