« News and Politics Forum

Texas

Posted by Jay

posted

Forum: News and Politics

I'm a southerner, but no, not like that. This shit happening in Texas isn't just them not knowing how to deal with cold weather. A large majority of Texas is blue but due to voter suppression, gerrymandering and other voting laws I'm personally not privy to, it turned red. 

I fully understand not having sympathy for the racist's of the south and the trumpers. I do, I deal with them all the time. But the south is comprised of way more than that. There is a large a majority of POC, Native North Americans, Mexicans, and Central Americans, and black people that are suffering. Because they are in these low income areas that are hugely effected by the privatized electricity outage. There are others also effected by this, disabled people, hospitals, queer people, and homeless people

Lift up the base of the south, poc, don't leave them for dead because you're feed up with republicans. 

Here are some gofundme's if you want to help, and of course if you have the money to do so

Islamic Society of Denton's Pipes Burst

Hot Meals for TexasEmergency Shelter For Our Houseless Neighbors

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Vigilante Stylez

posted

Cmon.  Bullshit.  Texas is far from a Blue State.  Trump was a registered Democrat in 2009.  He was sent to split the Republican party.  Anybody who supports Trump might as well be a Democrat.  Last actual "Republican" president was Reagan.  All the others after him were RINOs, and Dems.  Voter suppression is conspiracy theory bullshit too.  Registering to vote, and proving you are a citizen is not voter suppression. SMH. 

Report Reply