« School, College, University Forum

Starting University

hi!

I'm starting university this year and just looking for some friends :)
Uni seems like a huge step away from high school and because of covid restrictions I can't go out and meet people (not that I would've anyway...). 
I feel kind of guilty for using covid as an excuse for not socializing because I really don't talk to people a lot!
How is your university life?
I live in Australia and this year most of my classes will be online with some labs on campus, maybe once or twice a week. 
Would love to hear from other students starting uni this year! 
Hopefully it won't seem as scary with some virtual company.

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kylie

posted

Hi I'm starting college too! I'm studying to be a rad tech, hopefully with x-ray machines, but we'll see. I'm currently in my first term as of now and I'm hoping it all goes well!!

Report Reply

Reply by Lithobius Forficatus

posted
updated

aw hi, im starting uni this year as well. wishin you best luck (-;

Report Reply

Reply by Nyx Varlett

posted

I’m from the US, specifically New England and the place I go to offers both online and in person but strict covid rules, regardless it’s nice to be in person I learn so much better, but hopefully even online you’ll meet new people:)

Report Reply

Reply by BudderPecan

posted
updated

I'm another US student going to start this year. (hopefully, if things go well)
I may end up online as well, hopefully we both can make some friends this year.

Report Reply

Reply by Diane Sawyer

posted
updated

That great, I am college last year student and always try to help new commers because most of them usually confuse and I prefer them https://paytotakemyclassonline.com/can-i-pay-someone-to-do-my-online-math-class/ I got much help from there in my studies. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dustin Phelpswer

posted
updated

I remember my first year, it was cool)) I think that you will quickly find friends. If you need help with completing assignments, I can advise a good nursingpaper.com service that saves a lot of time for a student, when I was studying, he often helped me out when there was no time to complete the assignment myself, because. Of course, it's not worth abusing, but as a fallback option ...

Report Reply

Reply by Leah <3

posted

Hey! I am currently a freshman at a university in America, so things may be a little different for you. I did learn a lot in my time here and thought I'd hop on to tell you. First off, it is extremely important to learn how to be okay with not being okay. Not everybody will like you/want to be your friend, and that's okay! Also, be sure to work on being comfortable with attending things by yourself, it is vital to get you to where you need to be in the experience. Plus, it will be a gateway into some socializing, which can be done in baby steps ("Hey, what's your major? Hey, have you had ___ class yet?"). Also, be sure to dedicate time to have "me time" at least twice a week. It is important to rest and digest during such a new experience in your life! My messages are open to talk, I wish you the best. You've got this and you are loved!!! 

- Leah <3

Report Reply

Reply by markshaffered

posted

Help My Assignment is a leading assignment writing company that provides professional and high-quality writing services to students and professionals globally. We offer customized and comprehensive academic writing solutions to meet the unique needs of our clients.

Report Reply

Reply by Gossip Girl

posted

im starting uni too!! im reallyy nervous lol idk how to talk to people at all

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

hi I am starting uni this year too in September!! im super excited!, I got an unconditional offer meaning regardless of my grades I can go to this university that I love <3

Report Reply

Reply by thegneurshk

posted

It's really not as scary as it seems. Everything going on can make it seem daunting at first, but that's the same for everyone. I honestly do believe that university provides you with much more opportunities to get involved and meet people with similar interests than highschool ever does. Don't be afraid to go out and join clubs, go to events, and have fun. And if you are afraid, that's ok too, do it scared, it really is worth it!!

Report Reply

Reply by uncnsrd

posted

I'm planning on going back this year after dropping out of my Graphic Design BA (Hons) in London. Like I'm not going back into arts, I might end up in something else but I'm just on a held enrolment atm 

Report Reply

Reply by Jimmie Gonzales

posted

Experience reliable tree cabling Moreno Valley CA by clicking here. Our skilled arborists specialize in securing and reinforcing trees through advanced cabling techniques. Whether it's for safety reasons or to enhance the longevity of your trees, our team will assess your specific needs and implement effective cabling solutions. Safeguard your valuable trees and ensure their structural integrity by reaching out for a consultation today.

Report Reply

Reply by streamsgeek

posted

As you embark on your journey of starting university, don't forget to unwind and enjoy some watch Melissa McCarthy movies. Her comedic genius and charismatic performances provide the perfect escape from the academic hustle. Whether it's her hilarious antics in "Bridesmaids" or heartwarming moments in "Spy," Melissa McCarthy's films offer a well-deserved break. So, while you're beginning this exciting chapter of your life, take some time to relax, laugh, and savor the cinematic talents of Melissa McCarthy.

Report Reply

Reply by pearlkingstone

posted

Starting university can be both exciting and daunting. Many students
around the world are adjusting to online classes due to COVID.

Don't feel guilty; it is a unique situation. While I am not
a student, I hope you find the support and companionship you need, even if it's
virtual. Best of luck!

If you are ever looking for recommendations on
book publishers in NYC, feel free to ask.

Report Reply

Reply by jordan

posted

After going through depression due to the pandemic and not
having anyone to talk to. My last year of school was the worst, since I didn't
want to be alone after that stage ended where I could finally be with my
friends and talk. Today I overcame that fear of my loneliness, I healed from
depression and now I am two months away from entering University, I am very
excited.

Report Reply

Reply by Deanna William

posted
updated

American Wiki Writing
supports you in creating articles that are superior in accuracy, original,
authentic, and well-researched. The agency offers 16 services in Wikipedia
writing among them are Wikipedia for doctors, Wikipedia for You Tubers,
Wikipedia for authors, Wikipedia for profiles, Wikipedia for Lawyers, and
Wikipedia for the profile. 
Wikipedia Page For Your Company has many incredible
reviews on their website, the Google gave them almost 5-star ratings. The
agency has over two decades of experience in Wikipedia writing.

Report Reply