Topic: where do u get your goth/emo/alt/etc clothing from?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Onyx Apothecary

posted

We dont carry scene clothes but have some amazing graphic tees, hoodies and tumblers!!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Ghost

posted

Theyre a little more on the pricy and long wait side but Devil Inspired has a TON of different alternative styled clothes (more dresses and flowy fancy stuff/ alt suits) and they have a good bit of acessories for a decent price

Report Reply

Reply by ihavehem

posted

I usually buy my clothes from the thrift store or online! The best scene/emo clothes are definitely in the kid sections all the adult section only have granny clothes >< 

Report Reply

Reply by LunarCrossed

posted

I really like thrifting in the bigger cities in my state. Thrift stores aren’t that great where I live, so I always make it a point to visit some whenever I’m out of town, even if it’s just to browse. Antique stores are great for jewelry in my experience. Other than that, wunderwelt, jp Mercari, Liz Lisa, and MA*RS are my go to’s. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mars

posted

depop and vinted!! there are no good thrift stores in my area :/ so i have to look online

Report Reply

Reply by ♱Koryn♱

posted

THRIFT STORES!!! I find some of the best stuff there. I barely get my clothes from hot topic or Spencers, unless im getting band merch. 

Report Reply

Reply by cy ^_<

posted

i usually go to local thrift stores or find 2nd hand clothing on the internet. i sometimes diy my clothes like snipping bits and pieces of its fabric to my taste

Report Reply

Reply by katelyn

posted

i usually go to the thrift store every once in a while you can find good stuff to diy or just to wear in general there!

Report Reply

Reply by L0z3rXD

posted

spencers sometimes has some cool stuff. I only really go to Hot Topic around Halloween because that's when they have the actual alt stuff. other than that usually depop or thrift stores.

Report Reply

Reply by Monster Mashx

posted
updated

ANY CHEAP 2ND HAND OPTIONS ARE GREAT AND I LOVE UPCYCLING CLOTHES I DONT LIKE ASWELL AS BUYING FROM ANY SMALL BUSINESSESS ONLINE!

Report Reply

Reply by Lea_Rawr

posted

I get Mine from Hottopic and H&M or Amazon.

Report Reply

Reply by Ion

posted

I get most of mine from (online) ebay, depop, etsy, and amazon sometimes. (Irl) I get them from thrift stores, hot topic, sometimes “mainstream” stores have alternative clothes(mainly shirts). In bigger cities, you can find stores that sell alternative clothes but they’re usually hella expensive. 

Most of my accessories i get from etsy, ebay, and depop. 

Report Reply

Reply by albaster

posted
updated

I get mine mostly from thrift stores but just found a awesome site think they are uk based but they post to usa its called pickeringapparel great for alt clothes

Edit

Www.pickeringapparel.com is the site

Report Reply

Reply by vix ☆

posted

anywhere in the mall! i usually go to spencer's or hot topic (i've also had rlly good luck with shoes at saver's, i got 2 pairs of low tops for $5 each!!)

i honestly struggle with finding clothes though (most of the time when i ask irls they always say shein or some shit but for me personally the quality of the clothes plus how bad it is for the envoirnment/how they treat the employees is a big no from me)

Report Reply

Reply by Quartz

posted
updated

Pretty much only thrift stores for clothing. I went to Plato's Closet 90% off sale and bought everything black in my size and mix and match it. The accessories I want have proved difficult to find thrifting, so I bought some on Amazon. I didn't know where else I could get spiked bracelets or striped arm socks quickly and affordably, I know there would be better places in the future. I may try Etsy or something. I like the stuff at Hot Topic but they don't have a location here and I don't want to pay for shipping.

Report Reply

Reply by Milosh☆

posted

You can fing good pieces from second hand or thrift shops 

Report Reply

Reply by Sabrina.S

posted

I used to go to Hot topic

Report Reply

Reply by max!!

posted

I make a lot of my stuff! I dont have access to a lot of money rn, so I make patches and pin it on stuff, alternate shirts from my family members, etc!

Its rlly fun since i like making things anyway and adds originality because nobody has the same thing as me! :○]

Report Reply

Reply by scure

posted

Etsy, Ebay and Vinnies (thrift store in my country) are my go-tos!! And even if you don't find alt stuff there i've found cosplays at vinnies too. Etsy is good for if you do online shopping and don't wanna use aliexpress

Report Reply

Reply by scure

posted

Off Ya Tree is pretty good for band shirts too, I wouldn't reccomend dangerfield though as not only is it dropshipping it's also extremely overpriced and hasn't even got scene stuff or studded belts, basically just mallgoth and sanrio kid.

Report Reply

Reply by WaterrWitch

posted

probs gonna sound like a poser or whatever but I go to hot topic when I have the money

Report Reply

Reply by aveen

posted

def go thrifting. most rare and alt clothing comes from a thrift store.

Report Reply

Reply by Moss

posted

I get most of my clothes from goodwill, hot topic and old clothes from my older sister 

Report Reply

Reply by inmylungs

posted

usually thrift stores like savers and goodwill, but sumtimes u can find smthing good at the mall!! however mall stuff is very pricey so b careful!!

Report Reply

Reply by liszt

posted

my clothes are won or from small stores in my city, some more specific things I buy at shein or aliexpress :)

Report Reply

Reply by ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

posted

i usually get my clothes from thrifting or second hand online! for online shopping i like using vinted and depop, as well as plick but i'm pretty sure that's only available in sweden. i find that people tend to overprice more on depop than vinted? vinted integrated shipping is also really cheap and easy to use. ebay is good too!! shipping can get pricy though <//3

Report Reply

Reply by mickey

posted

depop n thrift stores r amazing places to find 00s stuff, also repurposing old clothes is rlly good!

Report Reply

Reply by lobotomyqueen

posted

i live in finland so there arent many choices, cybershop, thrift sometimes when i find something good and online mainly emp

Report Reply

Reply by StarryDews

posted
updated

I usually go to goodwill, thrift stores, online shopping, and look at spencers/hot topic for most of my clothes. I like to DIY a lot and would rather pay less for amazing/designer clothes that ppl throw away.

Report Reply

Reply by Rox

posted

Question:

Where do you get your alt clothes from?

My answer:

I slowly built up my wardrobe, but most of the really cool skirts and stuff I’ve gotten from goodwill. My goodwill doesn’t really have any y2kish shirts or anything really cute so I usually just go there for skirts and dresses. For shirts, a lot of them i got at the clearance section of Walmart or target, aside from the few band tees i own, i had to buy those at full price. Walmart also has really cool, really cheap fishnet leggings and gloves around Halloween. 

For scene kid / emo accessories, the dollar tree is your new best friend. Seriously I can’t tell you how much stuff you can find there if you know how to look. Just today I bought some super cute sun glasses. I’ve even seen a few posts of ppl get the iconic emo kid belts from there. My personal dollar tree didn’t have those belts but its still a good idea to look. I’m not really a hair clip person but you can find lots of cute hairclips there, and even the scene queen tiaras. For more diy accessories, the dollar tree and Walmart usually have stuff to make kandi and crochet so you can make your own personalized stuff!!

Over all dressing scene/emo/or any type of alt really doesn’t have to be expensive. You just gotta know where to look :)

Report Reply

Reply by P4rker

posted

I’d say most basics for me come from thrift stores, all the jeans, coats, shoes, etc… Have a few official merch band t-shirts, but that’s often too expensive so I usually diy band t-shirts and certain accessories by simply getting plain clothing second hand, then modifying them myself.

Some specific accessories, like wrist bands with spikes or chokers, I find on online second hand shops, in my case Vinted because I live in the Netherlands.

It’s kind of funny, because after a while of trying to decrease my overal clothing consumption, I realized I also stopped buying fast fashion altogether? I found that learning myself how to sew and craft has brought so much creativity and variety into my outfits, I love it, recommend :)

Report Reply

Reply by P4rker

posted

I’d say most basics for me come from thrift stores, all the jeans, coats, shoes, etc… Have a few official merch band t-shirts, but that’s often too expensive so I usually diy band t-shirts and certain accessories by simply getting plain clothing second hand, then modifying them myself.

Some specific accessories, like wrist bands with spikes or chokers, I find on online second hand shops, in my case Vinted because I live in the Netherlands.

It’s kind of funny, because after a while of trying to decrease my overal clothing consumption, I realized I also stopped buying fast fashion altogether? I found that learning myself how to sew and craft has brought so much creativity and variety into my outfits, I love it, recommend :)

Report Reply

Reply by jj

posted

i def alwayz hit the thrift storez, theyre a must

Report Reply

Reply by sh3lby

posted

i actually make some of my accessories with safety pins, craft chains and o rings, and i get a lil scenecore with it sometimes using ribbons and pony beads as well. 

Report Reply

Reply by -♥✮GᵣₒₒᵥyCₐₜ✮♥-

posted

I live in a place in Australia where there really isn’t thrift stores (except a few that only have things like wedding dresses and its all crazy priced), but I usually find good stuff on Etsy, depop etc!!

Report Reply

Reply by Melgor

posted

hot topic and spencers are a treat but i think i wont even anymore because they've been burning a hole in my bank account when i visit like twice a year so i thrift everything and buy something really cheap online 

Report Reply

Reply by Fae

posted
updated

Thrifting!!

Report Reply

Reply by samira

posted

I usually get my clothes from thrifts stores like savers and goodwill and stuff yk?

Report Reply

Reply by 🌈𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌 | Autoplay

posted

Yeah hot topic can be very over priced. I tend to look on ebay or in my local thrift stores for things. Sometimes Target will have some nice band tees for cheap and the dollar store (dunno what it's called near you, but where I live it's the dollar tree) has good accessories. 5 below might also have some good accesories but i havent had the chance to check.

Report Reply

Reply by ✮ juno ✮

posted

vinted, ebay, charity shops but its hard to find there so you gotta look real hard - you can also DIY

Report Reply

Reply by björk.lovr

posted

I usually shop at goodwill, but if you look really hard you can find some good stuff at Spencer’s. Any thrift store or “skater” style store will work, most of the time they both have some band tees and other stuff :]

Report Reply

Reply by Fynn

posted

i get alot of my shirts from bluenotes, hot topic, and urban planet. what are some good places i can find decent band merch since hot topic kinda fell off?

Report Reply

Reply by xxjaydedollyyxx

posted

I get my stuff usually from shein but I've been starting to look at good will and secondhand stores. It's actually easier to find things like tighter neon shirts, skinny jeans, camisoles and just anything that isn't super baggy or cropped

Report Reply

Reply by unbreadstwin

posted

personally, i would go to local market places with small businesses !! most of the time, you can find all sorts of clothing from the 2000s but they’re kinda pricey imo =__= but i did find an abbey dawn jacket for $30 and some tripp pants for $80-90 ^^ usually, theres some sort of bin where clothing are less than $20 so look out for that !

Report Reply

Reply by xX-VampyrepryncesS-Xx

posted

Hot Topic is so expensive, and these days the clothing they sell looks like what normies think emos would wear

Report Reply

Reply by tisteatime

posted

goodwill mostly but i do have some hot topic and spencers stuff

Report Reply

Reply by julez

posted

for me, i usually have to get creative. hot topic is nice, but i feel like they aren’t as emo as they used to be. so sometimes when i’m out i have to think how can i style a piece to look emo, or how can i diy it. 

thrift stores, online, and online thrift stores like mercari and depop are really good places to look. 

Report Reply

Reply by irenie / kay ♫

posted

i mainly shop online, mostly from asian apps since  they have a lot of cool stuff, or i wear my mom’s old stuff from the 90’s/2000’s

Report Reply

Reply by Kynnixz

posted

Usually places like Amazon or if im lucky, charity shops, but  usually Romwe

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

tbh... fast fashion, new look for my baggy disgusting cargos, and this one alternstive shop that has like 2 places in my country and that if i reveal will definitely be resposible for my doxxing soooo uh yeah. not revealing :3

Report Reply