« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

where do u get your goth/emo/alt/etc clothing from?

for tops, pants, and bags/belts i always go to goodwill & savers. most of my band stuff and jewelry is from ebay and spencers. i actually almost never go to hot topic anymore lol

Report Topic

167 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by HandOvDoom

posted
updated

DIY till you die 

Report Reply

Reply by Cowboy

posted

Most of my stuff is from hot topic and the free donation closet my school has, Im too broke for spiked bracelets so I D.I.Y. them I also wear lots of silly hats but those I get from literally anywhere. I also have a special watch I got from the 99 cent store :3 

Report Reply

Reply by SIERRA

posted

Charity/thrift shops always have amazing finds. Simply because everything from them has a good chance of actually being from that era!! Hot Topic and even Claires isn't out of the question actually because from what I've seen on the net and irl they're bringing back emo/scene stuff!!! But of course...the main place to find scene outfits is your own home!! Wear your clothes a little differently, make some accessories, ask to borrow your friends fishnets or your mums cool necklace. To be scene doesn't mean you must consume!! Be resourceful and open minded !!!

Report Reply

Reply by f3rn ☆

posted

i thrift everything and check out the monthly fleamarket for pieces i like. or i diy some like painting them or altering them. i would totally make my own clothes if i hadnt sold my sewing machine in 2021. i don't like buying fast fashion items =)

Report Reply

Reply by sunny

posted

just hot topic lol . i got my three cheers shirt off amazon but my other band shirts & belt & jewelry are from there  . i wanna go back soon :P

Report Reply

Reply by bbeeaann

posted

spacer2

I've been using mercari for specifically early 2000s/10s stuff, if you look for specific brands its easier to find stuff that will last longer. Ive also been using rit dye that's like $5 to change the color of my existing clothes. its cheaper than changing a whole wardrobe

spacer

Report Reply

Reply by MazenChichko

posted

I get ALL of my tees eaither from this store called на тъмно(basically bulgarian version of hot topic) or get some band logos printed on tees from this guy who works near my appartment building

Report Reply

Reply by tea_errors

posted

vinted is a good place to look 

Report Reply

Reply by Golden

posted

mi recomiendo comprar en aliespress que encuetra mucha cosas de mejor precio y hay mucha variedad

Report Reply

Reply by Lee

posted

Does anyone know where to get emo clothing in Australia hot topic doesn't even exist here :(

Report Reply

Reply by ray

posted

occasionally hot topic but it sucks now, so mainly diy, thrifts, and depop :[ idk i cant really get into spencers

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆𓋹Claude𓋹⋆

posted

I mostly get stuff online, however sometimes I make my own accessories

Report Reply

Reply by eggrollz172

posted

Now that I have some more money I end up buying a lot from Depop, you can find some pretty good deals when you sift through all the upsellers. Other than that I thrift but I also will buy the occasional fast fashion item if I really like it. I have a rule where if I've been thinking about it for at least a couple weeks I'm allowed to buy it!

Report Reply

Reply by eresys

posted

depop, ebay, irl 2nd hand stores, vintage shops, goodwill bins/goodwill outlet, hot topic, spencers, etc! 

some things to search online are

goth emo scene scemo scenemo sceneemo emoscene trashyy2k mcbling y2k affliction alt alternative !!! i hope this can help :3

Report Reply

Reply by ˚₊‧꒰ა d o l l y ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

posted

depop is rlly good nowadayz!! can get a  bunch of cool shit. problem is people on there can get stuffzz from amazon and try to up the pricez.. O_o

Report Reply

Reply by xx_kandikidz_xx

posted

mainly hot topic but i also get a lot of stuff from thrift stores ^-^

Report Reply

Reply by AdamBurgess

posted

Funny you mention Hot Topic, though. I used to be all about it back in the day, but lately, it's been kinda hit or miss for me too. Times change, I guess.

Report Reply

Reply by shiz

posted

i really love killstar and blackmilk. they're kind of pricey but i like to treat myself every once in a while

Report Reply

Reply by MeetVicky

posted

Mostly thrifting BUT I usually up cycle clothes my relatives give me! I'm good at sewing and as artists I already have practice on things like painting in fabric, which make everything easier.

Report Reply

Reply by YuppieGuppy

posted

i gotta agree with the 'i don't go to hot topic anymore,' The quality of their jewelry and clothing sucks ass nowadays and rips/tears easily or breaks apart. 

i've gotten my clothes and multiple stockings as hand me downs from my mother (who was a myspace user) who took such good care of her items. she's even given me 3 pairs of good black boots, one of them being slightly platform. 

she's even given me her body jewelry collection which have no stains or scratches, neatly polished. some heavy metal necklace chains as well (4 in total)

belts i just get from amazon, bracelets and necklaces too, but there's not much of a variety. 

and i know this isn't fashion related, but i have a ton of mini vintage goth statues from my local goodwill :p 

Report Reply

Reply by RayRay

posted
updated

ideally, u want 2 avoid fast fashion n hot topic- fast fashion for more obvious reasons, and HT is run by assholes lmao. I currently really like thrifting, eBay, Depop (pricey but easier 2 find clothes u like), Tunnel Vision (jewelry & clothes, on the expensive side but they're a great business), IGirl (jewelry n' some clothes, also pretty expensive but well run just like TV), Vinted n Poshmark as well. Spencers is pretty good also. I heard Zumiez was good 2? espescially if ur into a more 2000s poppunky vibe if u will (size up atleast 2 times if u want baggy Empyres tho lmao) If ur gonna use ebay always sort by "used/preowned" & "low to high"!! 

Report Reply

Reply by michael (revenge era)

posted

My style is bit of a mess / mix right now but Thrifts or EBay works pretty good! If you’re up for spending more time on it DIYing is pretty good - you could add patches pins etc to a Jacket.

Report Reply

Reply by rotten_ray

posted

DIY!!!!! honestly you can do alot with just pintrest and some trash or spare clothes... i love to bleach band logos, make patches. im working on my own tripp pants rn!! get creative  ;)

Report Reply

Reply by CorpsePuppy

posted

I get my coolest pants from Tripp NYC all my jewellery is stolen from friends and my jumpers are thrifted or stolen :3 I always buy shoes brand new because I need them to last

Report Reply

Reply by sapphire ☆

posted

THANK YOU FOR THIS FORUM

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

thrifts / the bins !!!!!!!!! do Not underestimate ur ability to DIY things either !!! Ive made a tonnnn of stuff myself that I couldn't find online or in person ! sadly w the lack of mall culture in this day i find it difficult to find in-person stores that cater to a niche / subculture instead of the trends 3:

Report Reply

Reply by nancyisabruise

posted

thrifts / the bins !!!!!!!!! do Not underestimate ur ability to DIY things either !!! Ive made a tonnnn of stuff myself that I couldn't find online or in person ! sadly w the lack of mall culture in this day i find it difficult to find in-person stores that cater to a niche / subculture instead of the trends 3:

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕱𝖔𝖊𝖓𝖎

posted

I love going thrifting so i get all my stuff second handed, there are many places in my town to look for some awesome dark clothes, I also sometimes modify if i need to

Report Reply

Reply by quakeranger623

posted

usually i gets my stuff from hot topic or official band storez, but i do enjoy thrifting and would love to make my own shirts sometime soon!!!!!!!! i just need da right materials 4 it

Report Reply

Reply by ₍ ᐢ. ̫ .⑅ᐢ ₎

posted

My style is almost everywhere but I'm not really goth, emo or any of the sort but I do like lolita/kei fashion extremely. Most wallet friendly stuff is just most small businesses on instagram! it takes a bit of searching to find what you might like but its so worth the wait you'll find great resellers, and businesses. I also go thrifting a lot that helps too! (Also arcana archive is good but quite pricey)

Report Reply

Reply by Karma ๋࣭⭑☆

posted

honestly whatever works, hand-me-downs, thrifting, a few of my favs are literally from a dumpster i was passing omw home, sometimes if i can afford it ill buy 2 or 3 thingz from the mall

Report Reply

Reply by _dimitrixo._

posted

Honestly, either online secondhand stores or regular secondhand stores! can't really rely on hot topic. I also find alot of good belts and jewlery from spencers 

Report Reply

Reply by edennn

posted

Mostly hot topic lol, have had some luck with garage and thrifting too :)

Report Reply

Reply by edennn

posted

Mostly hot topic lol, have had some luck with garage and thrifting too :)

Report Reply

Reply by x_____x

posted
updated

ebay / mercari ngl my style is pretty basic it's really just ripped stockings, spiked chokers/really any black choker of any kind jorts & t shirts. for shoes i love doc martens & demonias mostly, but i also like harley davidson boots. i used to go thrifting a lot but  within the past few years thrifting has kind of become obsolete so i do most of my shopping online... i do manage to pop into a thrift store every once in awhile though. i have these amazing black jeans i found at goodwill for like 5 bucks and they fit me so good, i wore them almost everyday at one point

Report Reply

Reply by D3ADSTAR!

posted

go-tos are Spencer's, Hot Topic, and thrift stores but I'm gonna try to look for more alternative brands that aren't crazy expensive online once I have my own card and bank account.

Report Reply

Reply by Ray

posted

All of my clothes are thrifted!! If there arent any good thrift stores close to you, i highly recommend using vinted, i found so many cool items on there!!<3

Report Reply

Reply by XxL1ZZ13LUN4CYxX

posted

Etsy, Poshmark, Hot Topic, Jessica Louise, Tripp NYC, Silent Scream Clothing, and various thrift stores.

Report Reply

Reply by Nas

posted

i get most of my band shirts from hot topic, but for everything else i usually just get plain items and alter then myself (like putting studs and stuff on a plain jacket)

Report Reply

Reply by shibari

posted

i get most of my clothes from cider, its online and has a lot of lovely stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Salem

posted

i like to thrift! i live in a tiny country, so we only have 2 thrift stores of the same brand. i also like to look through my parent's stuffs from when they were teens.

Report Reply

Reply by scara

posted

you can find cheap thrift shops EVERYWHERE in my country (i’m asian) and that’s where i mostly get my stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Rhys

posted

I buy most of my stuff from Dolls Kill and Hot Topic, though I'm holding back more on Dolls Kill since I recently found out that they just straight up steal from other companies and artists. The Heavy Metal Shop is good for band tee's and cool stuff like that. Sometimes I'm able to find some decently "fancy" emo stuff at Forever 21 but they mostly do casual fashion so maybe don't shop there. I would definitely recommend thrifting anywhere you can find, sometimes you end up with a good haul(accept for ROSS, I've never really found much good stuff there :<)

Report Reply

Reply by bbpoltergiest

posted

i used to buy from online goth shops but stuff was almost never what i expected, only when i was paying very high, so i decided to go to local thrifts which was much easier e cheaper to find alt clothes where i live.

Report Reply

Reply by GRAUSAMKEIT

posted

All of my cloths r from second-hand shops! ^_^

Report Reply

Reply by Puke

posted

I really like buying from ACDC Rag, they have alot of cute alt clothes in their dark section that r sooo cheap, but the home company is in Japan so depending on where you are the shipping might be crazy expensive

Report Reply

Reply by Juliaa (^▽^)

posted

Usually I go to thrift stores, but sometimes i order from devil inspired since they have a TON of alt clothes that are relatively affordable. 

Report Reply

Reply by ToxicHeartAnime

posted

I usually get my clothes thrifted or from Hot Topic.

Here are some of the more recent places/brands I have been buying stuff though;

Forest Ink- mostly sell goth/nu goth style items. They have their own website as well as sell through Vampire Freaks. Pretty size inclusive. I ordered their Rosemary Bloomers and they ended up being one of my favorite items.

Poizen Industries- Goth brand sold through sites like Vampire Freaks and Blue Banana. I own a biohazard hoodie from them and it's really well made and cozy,

Dark Star Fusion - US based small business specializing in cyber goth aesthetic. They have both an etsy shop as well as their own website. Bought one of their hooded shrug tops this year and it's extremely well made, stylish and warm.

Devil Fashion - Goth brand similar to Punk Rave. Have their own website and are sold through Vampire Freaks. I own a long trench coat as well as a spider web mesh top from them, and they're both great quality. The coat is very warm for the winter surprisingly.

Rogue and Wolf - Goth/witchy aesthetic brand. Have their website and sometimes have their stuff sold through Vampire Freaks. I own one of their cardigan coats and much like the Devil Fashion coat it's surprisingly great quality and warm for the winter.

Report Reply

Reply by Loki Lo0000zer

posted

Classic emo stores :> Spencers and hot topic, but thrift is where I get all the jeans and sometimes shirts. I get some fun little accessories from thrift too! 

Report Reply

Reply by <3

posted

thrifting mostly, surprisingly i find a lot of good clothes in non-alternative stores like pacsun and hollister :P

Report Reply