« News and Politics Forum

Short and sweet

Hey most of us have short attention spans so please keep all your thoughts short sweet and concise in this thread. 

We don’t have all day to read your long drawn out thoughts. Especially ones that meander and basically reiterate the same point over and over again. Or worse, posts that add filler content by bringing in irrelevant side stories that do nothing to actually further the conversation. 

So in this thread I propose we all keep all of our posts and responses short sweet and concise. Hence, the name of the thread. This is mostly to make it more enjoyable for me, because I know that I will enjoy reading random people who I’ve never read on the internet’s comments if they are not very long. The moment I see a message broken down into paragraphs in essay format, I tune out. I know I’m not the only one. Most of your political posts in the other political threads have barely any responses. And the responses they do have, typically were unable to address everything in your essay because there was far too many things to respond to in order to keep the conversation going smoothly. 

So please for my sanity and the sanity of others, let’s keep all of the comments on this thread short. If anyone where to somehow violate this rule, send me a message and I will alert the authorities. This is to keep public safety and make sure we adhere to the rules we agreed upon. 

If I have to read one more long drawn out political post, I am going to lose it. I am going to snap. And no one wants to see that. So let’s just keep it toned down so that no one has to see that. 

Report Topic

9 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Anna Mae

posted

I don't think you wanna be my friend on here then love bc even my text messages have paragraphs. I'm a talker. And this kind of communication doesn't really make it easy to message in short bursts so I mean... 💁

Also, I mean being realistic if you want to have any level of meaningful conversation, especially with a set up like this, more than 2 words are gonna be in a comment. JS. 

See what I mean though? I've already got paragraphs going. Enjoy.

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

It’s ok, we can still be friends

Report Reply

Reply by Anna Mae

posted

Also, I just read FIVE paragraphs *gasp* about you not wanting to read more than one liners containing what other people think so.... Yeah. 

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

I had to give a thorough introduction into this thread

Report Reply

Reply by Tete

posted

Is this comment too long

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

Tete, please try to be mindful and keep it short. that post was verging on pretty long 

Report Reply

Reply by Vandre

posted

There's another website for that named Twitter.

Report Reply

Reply by ppf

posted

lol you just made a loooong ass post talking about how ppl shouldnt make long posts

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

There was no other way to do it.

Report Reply