« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

Auditory Hallucinations- but they only last one second

so for the last 4 years ive been experiencing this weird brain thing that I guess you would call an auditory hallucination. I remember the first time it happened was at night while I was laying down to sleep, no sounds around no cars outside no tv's left on nothing. I laid on my stomach with my head down and from behind me I could hear the voice of an older woman saying hello. It was clear as day and she said nothing else.

Then later on within the same month, again while I was trying to fall asleep, I heard the distinct sound of circus music as if it were playing from a speaker right next to my ear.

All my other memories of this happening are not as detailed as these, but it happens sporadically. I figured it was some kind of stress response to what was happening in my life late 2020. and for the majority of 2021-2023 it happened so few times I never thought about it. But this whole year it seems to be happening constantly. not exclusively at night anymore, but always when im laying down and it's quiet. I will hear the voice of someone speaking but only a quick blip, usually I cant even make out what the word was supposed to be.

I also want to stress that there is a clear distinction between the sound of my own thoughts or imagining sounds/speaking/music in my head VS hearing it out loud, all of these experiences are very distinctly an out loud, outside of my head type of sound.

im not super concerned about it but i'm just curious if this happens to anyone else? ive never experienced anything else even remotely hallucinatory so idk whats going on. stress? sleep paralysis? who knows :/

Report Topic

0 Replies