« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

WANTED: Paranormal or Supernatural Experiences!

Howdy! Have you had an experience that seemed a bit too strange to be considered "normal"? Do you think you have encountered a ghost? A spirit? Something else?

I want to hear about it! Tell me your story. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Nilla

posted

so like my wife and i became homeless some years back and washed up in an off-grid community in the US southwest where we were staying in a small shack built of scavenged junk. it was drafty, and dusty af, and the solar batteries were toast, but we were grateful for the shelter, and the loft was cozy. after some time we'd adjusted to mostly just not having electricity in the house. Our string lights and one phone between us could be charged in the truck. so like no big.

we got into reading books in the evening, by which i mean we took turns reading to each other because we are disgustingly adorable. occasionally I would need to use the bathroom after dark (it is DARK AF out here at night if the moon isn't out), and in time i memorized the route well enough that i felt comfortable navigating in the pitch-black when needed.

On one of these excursions i noticed small, colorful lights scattered seemingly at random on the... floor? wall? I figured man i must have spots in my eyes so i look away expecting the spots to follow and... they stay there. I piss, come back. Still lights, different colors now. Get the flashlight and turn it on and whaddaya know THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THERE. it didn't reappear when i turned off the flashlight.

Some nights later I am reading and I see something in the crawlway into the loft and glance up from my book, expecting to see our cat, Instead, there is a person - at least it seemed to be shaped like a person - standing on the ladder and leaning through the crawlway to push their head into the loft. she was paper white, from the tippy top of her head as far down as I could see, and her hair was wildly sticking out in all directions. Her eyes were blank white, pupil-less, and her expression was not unlike that of an animal caught in a sudden bright light. We locked eyes for an agonizingly long moment while I finished speaking the sentence I had just read from our novel, during which time I decided the best course of action was to NOT look at her and let her go about her business - after all, she's probably been there longer than me, right? So I returned to the book and when i glanced up again she was gone.

And then of course that very night after lights out that glowy colored dot shit was all over the ceiling, looking for all the world like tiny LED indicator lights except in the light it's clearly a sheet of plywood and there's no electricity to power anything.

We don't live there anymore for unrelated reasons.

Permalink Report Reply