« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Physical Media Collectors ?

Anybody else collect 4K, Blu Ray, DVD, VHS, Laserdisc, Betamax ?

If so, what do you collect ? How big is your collection ?

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lunchbox

posted

Currently at 434 movies on Blu-ray and DVD. Also a few TV shows and cartoons. 

My VHS collection is somewhere between 300-400. 

At one point, my total collection was over 1,000. 

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

That’s a pretty good sized collection.

I may have 300 Blu Rays, 20 4Ks, 1500 DVDs, 50 or so VHS, and 20 Laserdiscs.

What kind of genres do you primarily collect ?

Report Reply

Reply by Sean

posted

I've been collecting dvds and vhs for awhile but just got into blu rays when I picked up an all region player a couple months ago. I'm mainly into 70's and 80s horror and exploitation. Love me some blaxploitation. I like classic horror and really anything weird. I've been a big fan of vinager syndrome, severin, and arrow releases so far and I just got the new switchblade sisters from arrow the other day.

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

That’s pretty much what I collect as well !!! If it’s not something offbeat, I upgrading my favorites. I just got a bunch of stuff from Arrow during their Easter sale. I own “Switchblade Sisters” as well. The original, Rolling Pictures DVD version. 

Report Reply

Reply by Greg

posted

I currently only collect DVD and Bluray. The only real reason why is because I don’t really trust the digital services to much since if the company decides to end the service then you loose your library. 

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

That's why I still collect. I do have a streaming service and pretty much all of the streaming services but I too know at a drop of a hat they can take it all away. They come in handy while on vacation or any other thing in life that requires to kill time. I'll never stop collecting because I've not only been doing it for so long but I don't trust streaming service to keep the stuff I watch (I know there's licensing issues involved.) Not only that but they don't have special features and alternate cuts on the platforms.

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

I pirate most of the time but I have a small collection of VHS tapes, mostly Pokemon which is the only series I'm actively collecting VHS tapes for. I have a good amount of DVDs too but I wouldn't say I collect them. 

Report Reply

Reply by bran lenzen

posted

Vhs enthusiast here! Having about 400 vhs tapes around. Mostly 80s 90s action, sci-fi, horror, comedy and trash movies. I am also collecting dvds and some blu-rays. I'm not much of a streamer, physical media is my passion since i was a kid. I can't understand people selling off all their physical copies for streaming services. Seeing a living room without any discs or tapes on a shelf makes me sad.

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

im collecting a load of horror films I love, and just films in general me and my dad do it, we've got like 500 dvds?

Report Reply

Reply by jude !!

posted

I'm still pretty new to collecting but I've inhereted a lot from family but I still count it. I have around 70 (of my own) DVDs, maybe 150 CDs, around the same for cassettes, 40 of my own vinyls but probably around 500, and only a couple of VHS tapes.

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted

I collect DVDs and CDs, plus I've even burned some blank CD/DVD discs at home. I still have most of the discs from when I was in preschool and kindergarten, plus some new discs as well. Physical media will always be superior to streaming since I don't have to worry about my favorite songs/shows/movies being deleted out of nowhere.

Report Reply

Reply by $YD

posted

I collect CDs, magazines, VHS, DVDs && cassettes!!

180+ CDs

12 Cassettes (Just started collecting) 

Haven't finished counting VHS tapes I have but I left off at 50 and still have... SO much more to go!!

Haven't counted my other collections yet :/

Report Reply

i collect dvds, cds, vinyl and cassettes=]

Report Reply

Reply by aquakat

posted

I’m starting to think about collecting physical media again, because of the crazy amount of unreleased media projects nowadays being written off as tax write offs nowadays, getting unfairly cancelled by entertainment companies and not getting physical releases in general. But, right now I collect DVDs, and I’m thinking about starting a CD collection later on.

My happiest dvd/blue-ray purchase recently was Mob Psycho 100!

Report Reply