« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

What is your favorite ARG?

So, I've been surfing many websites and forums and I saw a post that caught my eye. It said something along the lines of "What are your favorite ARGs/unfictions."

An ARG is an acronym for Alternate Reality Game. Basically, people will upload a story but by bit to the internet and viewers of the story can interact with characters in the game using advice or their collective ideas with other players.

Unfiction is an umbrella term under which ARGs fall. It is basically a story that is presented as real, but is actually fiction.

It got me thinking: Personally, I really enjoyed the "hiimmarymary" ARG. This ARG was uploaded to the internet via YouTube. It is completed by now, but you can still see the videos uploaded to the creators channel by the same name. It tells the found footage story of a girl whose trapped in a house. She's no idea how she got there, but she knows her name is Mary, and she thinks that it's her parents house. I liked it, so maybe you other users of this website will too.

So, tell me, which ARGs do the perusers of spacehey like? Which terrifying tales truly tickle your fancy? I'd love to know.

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by claire

posted

the max2019 one that played out on tumblr a few years ago was really fun to watch. i'm friends with a person who helped run the server that ended up solving it, it was so interesting. it played along with the epidemic of bots that tumblr was being plagued by at the time that were sending people strange messages so at first it seemed like just another bot, which i thought was really cool. i liked the angel motifs throughout.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ross

posted

definitely everymanhybrid, marble hornets, thesunvanished or kraina grzybów!!

Permalink Report Reply