« School, College, University Forum

has anyone got tips for high school?

i have a year and a half left until I go to high school, anyone got tips? (aside from studying and all yk)

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by monkee

posted

its never too early to begin applying for colleges and scholarships. I also recommend joining classes and clubs you wouldn't regularly join, for example, lets say you're big into mathematics but you join a wood shopping class or begin attending a film club. Its important to seek new things so you can truly find whats a best fit for you :D

Report Reply

Reply by swaghaver

posted

i'm a senior rn yet i feel very much unqualified to speak LMAO but i think you should take the fun electives when you get the option to. i remember my sophomore year (my freshman year was taken by covid >:( hearing about an lgbtq+ studies class but i didn't take it until this year and i'm very happy i did it bc i made so many friends and it's overall v fun!!

also. at least at my school there's the class selection for the next year in spring and there's someone you can email to change your roster after you lock it in, you can even drop/change an elective like maybe two weeks into the start of school. i also recommend doing that if you picked maybe an ap/ib class but realized you maybe didn't like the teacher or it was too overwhelming you can switch into the regular level. 

i think clubs are also p important. i never really had that much time to do them but i did meet some fun people from it so it's worth a try. clubs are also not a commitment if you decide to join them or not. you could just pop in whenever you want that they're being held on, even if it's joining one like halfway through the year. i'd say it's really a commitment if it's like a team or like a school newspaper type thing. 

Report Reply