« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

Schizophrenia

If anyone else here is schizophrenic, how long did it take for you to get diagnosed? How many times were you denied and told it's just trauma?

I still haven't been professionally diagnosed because my psychiatrist thinks it's just DID but most adults believe me sooo

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by ouma!!!!

posted
updated

We dont have schizophrenia but we do have a form of psychosis . it took really long to get a diagnose for what was going on and often it was said to be something these . we have DID so for awhile the psychosis and DID would repeatedly get confused as each other . it was very annoying but now we are on meds and the psychosis is barely an issues (unless we forget meds) 

Report Reply

Reply by Fer !!!

posted

it took me YEARS to get diagnosed after my initial symptoms started showing up, since I was so young they kept switching diagnosis and all that, until they finally settled on paranoid schizophrenia and I was diagnosed at the age of 14.

Even tho I have an official diagnosis medication and all even my own dad denies it sometimes lol, he doesnt like to believe I actually have it, and usually people who deny it the most are adults, honestly most people my age believe me the moment I tell them and dont question it which is nice, ive had people tell me that I could cure it on my own and deny it but nothing has ever been too bad and most poeple just accept it

Report Reply

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

now just OCD/StPD but I'm at high risk genetically so whoops knooows

Report Reply