« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Cult horror recommendations

Posted by xXJuliusXx

posted
updated

Forum: Movies, TV, Celebrities

Any recommendations of cult/classic horror that are available on streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Tubi, Amazon Prime, etc)

Report Topic

24 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kerbal1c0us

posted

Plan 9 Amazon Prime, or anything on Darkstone-ent.com you won't be disappointed.

Report Reply

Reply by xXJuliusXx

posted

Kerbal1c0us I've never heard of that website, but I'll check it out!

Report Reply

Reply by leb.

posted

I watched The Slumber Party Massacre last night on Prime and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough! It's a classic B movie that really deserves so much more recognition!

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

Amazon Prime hands down has the best selection for horror, cult, and exploitation films. You'd be surprised what they have on there.

Report Reply

Reply by xXJuliusXx

posted
updated

Caleb the Beverage Slinger, Slumber Party Massacre is a good one! Didn't realize it was on Prime.

Cheap Entertainment, Amazon does have a great selection, especially if you pay for individual movies, they pretty much have everything. However, you should consider checking out Tubi if you haven't. It's 100% free (because it has ads) and it has a great amount of campy B horror movies, classic  cult horror, gnarly body horror, etc. I just watched Plan 9 From Outer Space this morning on Tubi.

Edit: I should probably mention that Tubi doesnt have too many newer mainstream movies. Although it does have some big titles, it's main offering is older classics and underground stuff.

Report Reply

Reply by xXJuliusXx

posted
updated

The Church, 1989. Included with Amazon Prime. It was made in 1989 but has a totally early '80s vibe, although the Amazon release year says 1990.

Not a crazy amount of violent action but plenty of possessions, mostly taking place in a  big creepy several-hunded-year-old church (and the tunnels underneath it.) It includes a demon sex ritual, romance, old Latin scrolls, and a few likeable heroes. 

This one has a real classic "cult" feel to it.

Report Reply

Reply by Andy

posted

I started watching “Hell Night” with Linda Blair last night. Amazon has the most random stuff. They absorb a bunch from Shout Factory. They had a bunch of Werner Herzog stuff on there.

I need to check out “The Church”. Anything affiliated with Dario Argento, I need to check out.

Report Reply

Reply by xXJuliusXx

posted
updated

House, 1985. It's included with Amazon Prime. 

About a Nam vet who moves into his  old childhood home to write a book. He quickly discovers that he's not really alone there.
Creepy ghosts and crazy monsters in this movie. It's a bit creepy and a tad bit cheesy. My girlfriend jumped a couple times.

Side note: House 1977 (Hausu) is amazing. Super crazy cult film from Japan. It's horror but I'd call it dark humor as well. I don't know if it's on any streaming services though. 

Report Reply

Reply by xXJuliusXx

posted
updated

If you're looking for an 80's horror entertainment without much of a dark or creepy factor, watch:

The Stuff, 1985. Included with Amazon Prime.

Technically body horror. Nothing too crazy though.

Some weird white stuff is being sold as food in the super markets. American families are eating it up by the truck load, becoming addicted. They don't realize until it's to late that the stuff is taking over their bodies.

Includes a cheesy old war veteran with his troops and a likeable martial arts expert. Several crushed/exploding heads. A young boy as the protagonist. 

Side note: Body Melt, 1994, also included with Prime, is a body horror movie with more nasty imagery and more comedy. It's an incredibly goofy and weird movie. Lower quality than The Stuff but with more hardcore gross scenes. 

Report Reply

Reply by Renata

posted

Donnie Darko for me is the best cult horror movie.

Report Reply

Reply by pix

posted

The Innocents

Report Reply

Reply by Sean Cain

posted

Check out, EvilSpeak. The end is amazing. 

Report Reply

Reply by Amoni Warren

posted

Look up the movie Drive Thru im still horrifed and amazed at it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lil Bleach

posted

CHEERLEADER CAMP!!

Report Reply

Reply by Gabber

posted

Some of my favorite horror films i have seen on tubi

Close Calls

Body Keepers

Living Dark: The Story of Ted the Caver

The Coffin Footage

The Evil Within

Blood Runs Black

Demonic Toys

Shrunken Heads

Simon King of the Witches

The Baby

Edgar Allen Poe's Lighthouse Keeper

Night Tide

Carnival of Souls

The 7th Hunt

Report Reply

Reply by m0therpussbucket

posted

Dead Room!!! Super good! It used to be on Netflix but I haven't seen it since and I am hoping its on Amazon. Its really god. Its about 3 ghost hunters/paranormal scientists. Now this gets cheesy sounding but you gotta stick with me here. They all three go to investigate this small house. Its decently active with the active spirit trying all it can to get them out. They have invented a machine to destroy matter because "everything is made if matter" so its really neat. I'm trying to not give to much away here. But theres a gothy type girl who is like a medium and the researcher and the scientist. Give it a shot its not bad! Got some super cool twists!!

Report Reply

Reply by HaiHai

posted

Midsommar and The Green Inferno

Report Reply

Reply by Ghastly

posted

i dunno if it counts as cult horror but I enjoy the ritual and the reference to norse mythology

there´s kolchak the nightstalker, Nightbreed

Report Reply

Reply by SoftyPills

posted

Killer Klowns From Outer Space!!!!  ive rewatched so many times i loved it as a kid nd ofc the klowns designs nd their ship are so awesome

Report Reply

Reply by Sweetrenaissance

posted

Any Evil Dead! Especially with the new 1 on the way

Report Reply

Reply by Cute Nobody

posted

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

If you watch it, let me tell you, you will not be disappointed (unless you don’t get it).

Report Reply

Reply by klangles shmangles

posted

not sure whether it's technically a cult/horror film, but i loved ticked off trannies with knives

it's not the best movie i've ever seen but it's a fun time (for me at least), but i would google it before watching 

also Willam is in it! she's awesome

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆。PANCHIKO˚。⋆

posted

LITTERALY TOXIC AVENGER !!

Report Reply

Reply by MarMustDye_

posted

Reanimator and Bride of Reanimator are two incredible cult classics on Tubi for free 

[There's also an extended cut on YouTube as well as a musical if you really wanna get into it]

Report Reply