« Goals, Plans, Hopes Forum

Self-Growth

i'm working on making this semester my "self-growth" era so what are your guys' goals and shit that y'all have been or want to work on? i'm hoping to maybe check in on here more often and maybe we can all boost eachother up and encourage eachother to be our best selves <3

here's what i wanna work on:

• working out daily, just moving my body somehow even if that is just a walk. i wanna take care of my body and joints esp now knowing i have psoriatic arthritis
  • keeping myself and my space clean, no more depression rooms or waiting a week to take a shower (ik i can't help it too much if my depression is being a bitch but i wanna be more proactive abt it)
  • cooking more than just like pasta or fish sticks XD
  • staying consistent with my new therapist and doing work outside of therapy to heal
  • creating and maintaining a healthy routine, i got this app "shmoody" and it's pretty good but the unpaid version isn't quite as personalizable or insightful which is what i was really looking for
  • getting a job and working as much as i can, becoming financially stable 
  • re-insuring my car, its been out since august bc i just haven't had that extra money sitting around and like food is more important imo
  • journaling more
  • getting more into witchy shit, i have a wicca book and a crystal book and have worked a little bit on a digital book of shadows but i don't really do much at all with it anymore. idk how much i believe entirely but i def think energy and intentions have a huge affect on my life, if i can slow down with it and gain new perspective (or uncover my own perspectives that i may not have otherwise thought abt) through tarot and practice then i see that as self care and good for me
  • getting school figured out and maybe re-assessing what i want to do and am able to do, rn vet school seems a bit impossible which does make me really sad but maybe i can find something that is more realistic for me and intrigues me even more! 

i personally believe that everyone can always grow and improve and create their own happiness and i wanna really focus on that concept rather than just shitting on myself abt my insecurities or not-so-great circumstances. i wanna take my life into my own hands and get back to the person i used to be but also better bc i've gained a lot of other great aspects along the way :) 

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jayme

posted

seems like you've got a lot you want to get done, so here's the link to a post i found about habit formation you might appreciate..!

habit formation post

Report Reply

Reply by Hope Jones

posted

I hope you're meeting your goals!! I'm just here to say don't beat yourself up too hard if you don't meet all of those quite yet. That's a lot of really good goals and even if it takes more than a semester to build those habits, you'll get there eventually!!

My goals for this year are quite similar to yours!! I'm struggling with the cleaning part though. xD I'm very fortunate to be able to live with someone who can help me with that stuff on my pain days. 

Report Reply