Forum: Movies, TV, Celebrities

Hey, what's your favorite web show? Winking emoticon

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kam

posted

Eddsworld.

One day, while I was coming inside, my brother showed me a spanish dub of Eddsworld. We were laughing for days on end about the show. Eventually we started to watch more. Unfortunately, when we were just starting to get into it, the creator, Edd Gould, passed away due to cancer (R.I.P.).  We didn't know this happened at the time.

Years later, I decided to rewatch all of the old animations made by Edd Gould since I remembered Eddsworld. It was at that time I realized he was gone, and had realized how much of an impact he had on animated web shows as a whole.

Now that it's back (not sure if it's for long-term) I hope the animators and all those who worked on the show have a great time and life. I will be watching.

(Not speaking on the fandom much. It's garbage.)

Report Reply

Reply by m0therpussbucket

posted

Eddsworld!!! Had such a huge impact on young me. It the time I was going through a rough patch emotionally (like actually shoulda been in therapy for most of my thoughts but yolo) and the show helped me connect with my best friends today. In highschool, the show still means so much to me. When I got out of that rough patch, I got back into animation because of Edd(RIP my dude) and its now my passion.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆dakota☆

posted

Mine is probably Inanimate Insanity or Battle For Dream Island. I'm just a fan of any object show tbh because I grew up with BFDI and It's just a fun thing to watch

Report Reply

Reply by Michael Oilar

posted

Mine's my own Iron Queen: The Series

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC86ezoD53Uty0AL38nMtXrw

Report Reply

Reply by Eryn (Kitsch Mama Obscura)

posted

The Oddity Archive. It's a little show that visits that odd and obscure side of Yesteryear nobody remembers from early home video formats like The Sony U-Matic and Cartrivision, to Record Rip-Offs, to Oddball Technology, etc

Report Reply

Reply by ‎‧₊˚✧ Sunray ✧˚₊‧

posted

The first DHMIS

Pretty popular, but I still like it

Report Reply

Reply by 🎨•{Alevinsia}• 🌿

posted

I used to be a sucker for Eddsworld.

Also My Pride is a good one too, bug I heard the=at the creator was problematic :/

Report Reply

Reply by Faygo Bath x_X

posted

HAPPY TREE FRIENDS!!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Nyx/Clover

posted

Helluva Boss and Metal Family are both great. Oh and Ena, which is gonna be made into a game soon!

Report Reply

Reply by mike

posted

inanimate insanity, bfdi, or hfjone for sure

Report Reply

Reply by Gloopcicle the Scrunkly Scrimblo

posted

Definitely Murder Drones. My friendo (who does not have spacehey, sadge) recommended it to me, I watched it, and BAM look at that it's new hyperfocus o' clock.

Report Reply

Reply by Oliver_spikey

posted

Ooooo, Vita Carnis. It’s a relatively new analog horror one, but I love it and how it really delves into the effects of a whole new type of animals/creatures to the ecosystem.

Report Reply

Reply by INACTIVE BECAUSE LAZY

posted

I like Animator vs Animation a totally normal amount

Report Reply

Reply by ivy

posted

bfdi and homestar runner!!

Report Reply

Reply by jako

posted

hmm.. maybe hfjone, erb, and mandela catalog (if it counts)

Report Reply

Reply by BracingStripes

posted

Hunter: The Parenting! It's a story that takes place in the World of Darkness TTRPG setting, where all sorts of supernatural forces lurk just under everyone's noses. It follows a truly eccentric family of hunters, who seek out and vanquish vampires and other beasts. It's some of the best writing out of anything I've ever seen online. Super funny, scary in the right places, and even effectively dramatic at points. The animation, though not that "animate," is expressive and works just enough. 

You don't have to know anything about the setting to enjoy either - the show does a great job at explaining things along the way, or ahead of time, to make sure you don't get lost with what's going on. Don't skip the audiologs though! Those are part of the main story, and add sooooo much to the characters. 

Report Reply