« Fashion, Style, Shopping Forum

I miss malls ;_;

I'm just here to say I miss going to malls, dressing up to go out and shopping around this time of year. So if anyone else wanna sulk with me about not being able to go to mall (or having to keep wearing gloves, I'm so tired of them), post.

Also, anyone ever used Ibotta? .-. It's a savings app.
Annnnd does anyone know where to go to get good 2000's fashion that isn't Depop?ย 

Report Topic

99 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kelly

posted

The one thing I miss the most is being able to actually try on clothes in a dressing room; haven't been able to do that in a while. :(

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

Right?!
I've been buying all my clothes online this year and it has been a serious crap-shoot with regards to how well things fit and the fact that the clothes often look way better/different on a model who is 6ft tall and weighs 90lbs lmaoooo. I just want to be able to see things in person again (and try it on)!

Report Reply

Reply by Amber Lovin Lashes

posted

Happy I'm not the only one . I am ready to be out and about again. I do my lashes and makeup just to sit in on zoom meetings anymore. In Ariel's words "I want to be where the people are"

Report Reply

Reply by xJacii

posted

Ya'll, I hear you. I miss being able to try on clothes too, and then even further dress up cutely. I miss wearing all my cute seasonal clothes, finding deals and sales around the holidays and going to cafes and stuff while it's snowy and slushy outside. (T_T) Frikken sucks, I hope and pray 2021 yeets all this corona mess soon ;u;

Best way for me to cope atm is to read all my fashion mags to make me feel like I went to the mall ;-; omg that's another thing, I forgot all the fashion shows this year was bunk because of covid dfkjgdfkgnkjdfghjkdfhgjkdfhgjkdfhgkjdfhgjkdfhgkjdfgdfk omg -.-;;

Report Reply

The malls here are open and Iโ€™ve been going for months now lol

Report Reply

Reply by Alex

posted
updated

The one mall I miss was the one I used to go to as a kid. Kind of small but sooo 90s. It was torn down but there's not even any pictures of it :( I haven't gone to my favorite mall since early last year but I did go to a fancy mall a few months ago. I was there for an exhibit but it was really surreal to be standing in the foot court watching everyone eat with masks or line up to enter stores like HOT TOPIC.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Leila

posted

I am usually an introvert and very much happy to not go out with people or be around them BUT even I kinda miss going shopping with them and eating icecream, dressing up and getting pretty hahaha. Germany has its second lockdown and they keep extending it. Maybe today in one year it will be all normal again

โ•ฎ(โ•ฏโ–ฝโ•ฐ)โ•ญ

Report Reply

Reply by ToriElectra

posted

As a retail geek, the loss of malls and the stores that became iconic through their presence is saddening. I mean sure, it's convenient to shop online, but browsing through stores and interacting with their employees, seeing what might be in stock and whatnot, that's an experience you can't replicate online. Stores used to be brightly colored and full of crazy decor designed to attract people in; now, stores are subdued and grey more than anything else. The major department stores that have anchored these malls are all in trouble, mostly because of their inability to reconfigure to today. Many of the iconic mall shops are gone. The retail apocalypse has only been exacerbated by COVID. It's sad to see what were once bustling, thriving places full of life, now virtual ghost towns.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Juliette

posted

I only ever miss Dry Ice.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by amalia

posted

i have a mall of america tattoo and would do literally anything to s get a makeover at sephora then eat lunch at rainforest cafe. miss it so much.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by ella

posted

feel u. the mall is amaze. plus if u want 2000s fashion i think u shld check out poshmark. supes cheap & nicer peepz<3 good lck!ย 

Report Reply

Reply by trashfvag

posted

I just wanna be able to go into hot topic and buy overpriced shirts knowing they fit and then just walking around forever with me and my 4 friends

Report Reply

Reply by Skye

posted

me and my friend were just talking about this! we went to a mall and it was so sad every thing was dead and like most of the food court was just shut down or closed early ):

Report Reply

Reply by xx_G3RMT1M3_xx

posted

I barely got 2 go 2 malls in the first place, but now I never get 2 go! I wanna dress up and look hot. Also anyone miss old hot topic and claires? Those were my fave places 2 go!

Report Reply

I've been doing that lately! malls are open where I live so I just go to walk around, buy a knick-knack here or there from hot topic or Spencers, have a bite to eat and then head home! Only thing is you can't try on clothes.

Report Reply

Reply by soft hearted โ—กฬˆ

posted

I miss malls too! There are barely any where I live. The internet is a great invention, but it's ruined so many brick and mortar businesses D:

Report Reply

Reply by Riona

posted

There's a mall in my area that's still around, but it feels like it's trying to die. It used to have all kinds of events hosted there but hasn't done so in years.

I've noticed a lot of Tanger Outlets popping up in the east coast, that feels like the same thing as a mall except outdoors.

Report Reply

Reply by Moonie_Bby

posted

Same i want to go to the mall so bad ;-; but they all look like dumps and have two stores-ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Diyah XO

posted

I agree, I enjoy the act of browsing. Retail therapy is such a real thing.ย 

Sn: if anyone is looking to shop small with great quality and well fitting items allthingsprettyclt.com is pretty solid. Quick shipping and easy returns/ exchange !ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Space Barbie

posted

Yesss!! It used to be such an event, & so fun! Now everything is online and takes the fun out of it. And everyoneโ€™s too busy to hangout so if you ask someone to go to the mall theyโ€™d rather spend their free time clubbing, since they can now do their shopping online. I miss getting dressed for the mall & using the fitting rooms tf !!ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Samsen

posted

Not to glamorize the past, but malls in the 80s looked so fun to be in. So many people in your age group hangin out and shopping. I am not a very social person, but I really loved the vibe. As a teenager I remember malls being packed. Hot Topic and Spencer's gifts full of people and emo culture huge! MCR and invader zim shirts with whatever popular band at the time playing very loudly over the Intercom. I haven't been to a mall in over 10 years and I know if I ever were to go back to one, it'll be too depressing.ย  ย 

Report Reply

Reply by cici

posted

same!!! mine are open, but it just doesn't feel the same at all :( i used to go basically every week with my friends in middle school, and it was just so much more fun. stores aren't as interesting anymore, settling for super simple designs that lack appeal and accessibility, and there's like no events... you used to be able to visit for a pretzel and cute sweater and end up watching some chart topper perform randomly in the middle of the mall, and now theres nothing like that :(

Report Reply

Reply by cici

posted

you could go to PINK to buy pink clothes. now its all muted greys navy greens and neutrals </3

Report Reply

Reply by mary

posted

ebay is honestly rly good or poshmark.. O &&& CRAIGSLIST.. lots of ppl just wanna get rid of their old y2kish clothes for little $. but yes feel u about the malls :( luckily the one by me is still p good, miss food court moments tho from early hs and middle school

Report Reply

Reply by Bri

posted

I felt this religiously. fitting rooms still being closed has added way more returns to my to-do list haha

Report Reply

Reply by Camer

posted

I donโ€™t know if it will help but watch mall architecture channels on yt. Mostly about dead/dying malls but if youโ€™re at all into urbanex I think youโ€™d be into it. Nostalgia etc

Report Reply

Reply by Xx halfempty xX

posted

one thing i miss about malls is WINDOW SHOPPING!

having lists upon lists of wants is something i do usually have, but with malls, its kinda, different...

Report Reply

Reply by ๐Ÿ’‹

posted

thrift!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by KandiKingdom

posted

Luckily malls are open where I am but it is way too unsafe to even attempt going to one.

Plus the majority don't wear masks. I just wanna be able to go get cookie dough and hand out with my sisters friends (I literally have none of my own -_- )

Report Reply

Reply by fukurolady

posted

i remember my older cousin taking me to the mall when i was a kid. i loved the hot topic store but i was just some dorky kid who didn't know how to dress, and i used to think that 20 dollars for a shirt was way too fucking expensive. it was especially fun during the holidays.

Report Reply

Reply by Helios (he)

posted

We, as a species, can and should do better than malls.

Report Reply

Reply by BroxMontana

posted

i feel you on the malls. when i was younger it felt so magical, i put on my best outfit and i want to go buy stuff and went home so satisfied xd but now its not exciting anymore

poshmark is a great place to get 2000s items but the shipping price without bundling is ridiculous!!!

Report Reply

Reply by crushed.grape.soda

posted

AGG malls were so unaprecciated yet they are so SO useful.. i miss those dumb pretzel shops set up in malls that tasted SO amazing when you were hungry from walking around... #RIPPretzels

Report Reply

๐ผ ๐“‚๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐“๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐‘œ! ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐“…๐“‡๐‘œ๐’ท๐“๐‘’๐“‚๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’น ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐“๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ถ๐“๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’น ๐’ถ ๐“…๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“‚๐“…๐’ถ๐’ธ๐“‰. ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“‚๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“‡๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐“๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‚๐’ป๐“Š๐“ ๐’พ๐“ƒย  ๐“‚๐“Ž ๐‘œ๐“…๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ. ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐’ธ๐’พ๐’ถ๐“๐’พ๐“๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ป๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐’ธ๐‘œ๐“‚๐“‚๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“‰๐“Ž.

Report Reply

Reply by wheatleywulffgang

posted

same. probably won;t be able to go to my local one regardless because of Crimes but. god i wish @@

Report Reply

Reply by gabriel

posted

malls where i am are open but they are only high fashion type stores in them. :/ too expensive to just go to the mall with some friends lol

Report Reply

Reply by Kyla

posted

i miss them so much! im pretty young but i have so many memories at the mall :(

i love trying things on and going with friends!

Report Reply

Reply by Kyla

posted

i miss them so much! im pretty young but i have so many memories at the mall :(

i love trying things on and going with friends!

Report Reply

Reply by yanna

posted

rightt i really miss them :/

Report Reply

Reply by snackFanatic

posted

I totally understand, malls aren't the same anymore. Anytime I see someone cool dressed up theyre usually alone. No big mall rat groups :(

Report Reply

Reply by kade<3

posted

YES I WAS JUST THINKING THIS!!! i miss dressing up just to loiter and buy one pair of claire's earrings :(

Report Reply

Reply by Jess

posted

i miss stealing lipgloss !! </3

Report Reply

Reply by anna :)

posted

youre so right!! i havent been to a good mall in about a year. all the malls now have such lame stores. istg if i see another mall with 12 jewerly stores im gonna lose it.

Report Reply

Reply by _Ryan_guro_

posted

here were i live dont have mall, but i wish have some places to go with my alternative friends, here is a little boring ย 

Report Reply

Reply by SamIsHam

posted

Literally. I can't find a good mall anymore :( malls held so much good memories for me and its sad that most of the malls I see are closing downย 

Report Reply

Reply by โœฎCHULLi

posted

Iโ€™m lucky enuf 2 have a couple of malls nearby but theโ€โ€โ€โ€coolโ€โ€โ€โ€ stores in em like Hot Topics r pathetic. Itโ€™s sucky 2 watch as they turn lame w the stuff they sell now. & thereโ€™s like no one at the malls & many of the storefronts r up 4 lease. BUT still. Iโ€™m grateful to have em still there at least

Report Reply

Reply by BlackRose77

posted

Our mall is so sad. The businesses can't stay open because they can't afford the lease. Greedy ass people. Around here, most stores are outside in the strip mall. I think people like that because it's fast and easy-convience. It's how people roll now days. Kids will never know the fun we had strolling up and down the mall with our friends. Good times, good times.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by ipawwd ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽง

posted
updated

nowadays "malls" are just preteens with uneven black eyeliner, thoseย demonias, bunny hats, and pastel pink striped socks

edit, i thought you were talking about mall goths

Report Reply

Reply by pawnpawn

posted

am i right? covid is messed UP.

Report Reply