« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

Recurring dreams

Would love to hear some good ol' recurring dream/nightmare stories from y'all.

I haven't had it in a while but for a long time, I'd dream vividly about a little truck stop/town off the side of a freeway. I can still remember how the whole area was laid out. I used to hope I'd randomly drive by it on a road trip at some point. I feel like at some point I will, and I'll totally lose my shit if and when I do LOL.

Report Topic

18 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by annie:)))

posted

It's possible that place you keep dreaming about is a part of your past life whether it be somewhere you lived or died. Do you remember anything significant about it? 

Report Reply

Reply by Josh Boyd

posted

Just the physical layout of it. You pull off of a highway/freeway offramp and to your right theres like a diner that had a mechanic/auto repair/tire yard situation in back, and a few small nondescript office type buildings past it. Then there’s an intersection with two gas stations on it and the road that intersects the main road goes off into the hills. Then the main road passes a few more small office type buildings before it merges back on to the freeway.

Stunning description i know

Report Reply

Reply by Punkin

posted

When I was little I had one all the time where I was in a really dark locked barn and within that barn were 3 houses.  Those houses belonged to the 3 little pigs, who were extremely scary, and were being chased by the big bad wolf.  The houses were the only places to hide and he was tearing them apart.  I remember being very scared and running around trying to figure out how to survive the terror pigs and the insane wolf.  I always woke up before any harm ever came to me.

Closer to my teens I had a dream almost monthly for years that I was hanging out in a living room and a drive by shooting happened and I died.  

Report Reply

Reply by Josh Boyd

posted

That sounds like a wild video game.

Report Reply

Reply by ReyIsNull

posted
updated

when i was younger i would have reoccurring dreams about running into the forest and falling down a hole that seemed to never end. it was dark, and damp. and being a kid it was horrifying. i could only see what was in front of me, behind me was void. it felt so real.

i'd say that if your having repetitive dreams, you should look in one of those onirology online books. you could be unconsciously trying to tell yourself something.

Report Reply

Reply by Lynn F Word

posted

Oh gosh I have many-- the one that haunts me the most is one from my childhood of a porcelain doll killing me :/ 

Now the same dream usually doesn't reoccur, just certain elements of dreams reoccur frequently such as a certain house, or not being able to function!

Report Reply

Reply by Ghostie

posted

So.. I don't really have the same dream over and over, but the theme is always the same.

I start off doing something, lord knows what bc dreams are weird, but then I get this feeling that people are after me to either try to hurt me/kill me.

And what do ya know, I was right! So I end up running away from them for the entirety of my dream. Though in one they got dangerously close to killing me before I woke up and ..hoo boy that wasn't fun.

Though I think my favorite nightmare I ever had was one where I was apparently a vampire? And I guess in this dream world if you overfed a vampire they would go berserk with power and stuff? But like-- I just remember physically losing control over my own body. It was like I was sitting inside watching myself just go nuts. Like.. I was throwing myself at walls and bashing my head into things and I was completely and utterly terrified that I was going to hurt someone in the midst of hurting myself. 

..wonder what it all means.

Report Reply

Reply by MK

posted

i have this quite strange recurring dream, had it about seven times over the span of about two months. 

it’s always different characters/people but it’s the same storyline. basically me and my family are being hunted down in our house if that makes sense. pretty gory

Report Reply

Reply by cybervenus

posted

damn most of the replies on here are pretty grim!

I have a (kinda) recurring dream quite often where I am essentially in the same place but in different scenarios. It's a town with fields bordering it and a train line that runs all the way around- in some dreams there's also a river right in the center of the town next to a forest. Kinda weird the level of detail some dreams go into regarding this place :p

Report Reply

Reply by WxtchBxtch

posted

OK so mine is a bit... odd and off the wall xD there is a place near me called Black Bayou. This place is well known for where people will 'drop' bodies because there are a shit ton of gators.. Anyways, I'm on one of the big pier walkways that curves and goes out over the water a very good ways and the moment I step onto the beginning of the walk way I start floating upwards and I can fly around but when I have been in the air for a while I will start sinking slowly and it gets harder and harder to control my flight 9 times out of 10 I don't make it to the path way but I also never hit the water since I will wake up before I do.

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

I’ve had the same recurring dream for years but lately it’s been a lot more frequent. It’s always this same town next to a beach which I’ve never seen in real life before, it’s so vivid and in my dreams I sometimes think it’s California and sometimes think it’s Las Vegas. I always end up falling in the water towards the end of the dream and it’s really dark and cold. 

Report Reply

Reply by diogenes

posted

Reoccuring dreams are the ones I often remember most. I'm walking in some sort of woods or a mall, and are either alone or surrounded by faceless people. I feel like I've either missed something, forgotten something, am going somewhere, or are supposed to know what is happening, but are confused. I usually wander the landscape haplessly until I either wake up or am thrust into a deeper sleep. Odd and capricious 

Report Reply

Reply by Crowe

posted

I always dream about my ex best friend and her brother, due to some trauma, (yay PTSD), often in these dreams there's things that my therapist said about the trauma, even though not all of what she said was right :/

Report Reply

Reply by g o t h i c t r a s h

posted

When I was a teenager, about 14-16, can't remember for sure, I had a recurring dream nearly every night for over a month. It was so strange, but I remember it so vividly.

The dream would always start with me sprinting across the woods in the middle of the night, almost as if I was running from something, like something was chasing me. I would always have this feeling of anxiety and fear, thinking that I needed to get out of there as fast as I could. I then see some light in the distance and run straight towards it. While from far away the light would seem like a street lamp or a bright white lantern, the closer I get, the further up into the sky it would rise. It was the moon. Reaching the edge of the forest, I run out into this large clearing and suddenly feel calm. 
The clearing was massive, but I could still see the trees surrounding it from all sides. In the middle of the clearing was a large dark lake, almost black in colour, and it was so still, there was no movement in it whatsoever. I looked to my left to see nothing but the lake extending all the way to the edge of the woods. To my right though, there was a big white house with a dark roof. The house had wooden exterior and ornate windows. I stated at the house for a second before turning back to the lake. All of the sudden, there was movement in the lake as a figure started slowly walking out of the water. It was a man. I couldn't make out his face or anything. He was covered in weeds and moss, almost like he had dragged it out of the lake with him. I felt scared, frozen almost. I would always get the fear that he was coming for me, that he would walk straight up to me and do something, but as soon as he would be a half-way out of the water, he'd stop and point to the house. Instantly, I turned and made my way towards the house. The closer I got to it, the bigger it looked. I stopped right at the steps to take in my surroundings. The woods were still behind me, everything was still quiet, the man in the lake was gone. I clearly remember the house number being an ornate, golden '22'. I looked up at one of the windows just to see a figure move away from it.
The door was unlocked. I walked in and felt so confused. It was almost like no one had lived there for decades. Everything was covered in dust, the wooden floorboards were rotting. And yet, the staircase was in pristine condition. My mind told me to go up the stairs. As I reached the second floor and opened the door at the top of the stairs I was met with a thin, long corridor, covered in red wallpaper and redwood interior, with countless doors on each side. I tried one door - locked, walked to the next one - locked. I stopped to listen for any noise. Somewhere in the distance I heard muffled conversation, so I decided to simply walk down the corridor, going towards the sound, hoping to find where it was coming from. The further down the corridor I went, the louder and more defined the noise got, after a while I could even make out bits of conversation. Then I saw it - an open door with a warm light coming out of it into the corridor. I quickly made my way towards it and entered the room. I looked around. In the middle of the room was a long dining table with people sitting all around it. One chair was empty, right at the end. I felt so weird because the sound of people talking was so loud and clear, yet none of their mouths were moving - they were just sat there, motionless. Suddenly, all of their heads turned to me. The conversation went quiet. I felt so anxious. I made my way to the end of the dining table and sat down. The conversatiom instantly started up again, but the people around the table stayed motionless, staring into space in front of them. I looked down at the table. It was covered in all sorts of food: fruit, vegetables, pies, meat, salads, bottles of wine and champagne. As I looked back up, I froze once again - the man from the lake, still covered in weeds and moss was sitting at the other end of the table, right in front of me. He pointed to the window. I stood up and slowly made my way towards it. At first I saw nothing, but then something came out of the woods. I couldn't make it out at first, but then it hit me - I was seeing myself walk out of the woods and watched as everything I had experienced earlier happened once again. As the other me got to the house and looked up, I quickly moved away from the window. I was the person in the window of house number 22.

And then the dream would end. I remember waking up covered in cold sweat every single time. I did so much research on what it could mean, but couldn't find a concise answer. My mum even did my tarot and the only solid answer that I got from all of my research that some important change was going to come and that I was stopping myself from reaching some goal. After that summer, I never dreamt of that house again. It still creeps me out when I think about it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Pussyfart2000

posted

When I was a kid, around 6 probably, I would always wake up sweaty and frightened because of a recurring nightmare I had. It basically went like this; I'd be in a pitch black room, then all of a sudden a spotlight would appear in front of me revealing a loved one of mine towering over me as I sit on the ground, scared. They'd just repeat my name over and over again in a disappointed tone with an angry/disappointed look on their face. I still have this dream sometimes, but not as often as when I was younger. I have no idea why I was having such vivid or deep dreams at that young age, but it really did leave an impact on me. Fun, right?

Report Reply

Reply by Ma’Anjull

posted

Yes i had a dream where I would be chased around by some random person in a store over and over again everytime i would try to wake up i will be still in the dream and when i finally wake up i would go back to sleep and get chased again it wasn’t really scary but it wasn’t fun either

Report Reply

Reply by m3thk!t

posted

I think the dream changes a little bit every time i have it, but I've had this same dream at least once a month, since i was 6.

It starts out where i'm with my dad, my twin brother, my little brother, and my sister, and (sometimes) my stepmom. We're all standing on the side of a lake and I black out, when I wake up inside this crystal clear ocean, inside of a shipwreck. Now at this point I'm just barley regaining consciousness, and i recognize the rest of my family swimming round and finding treasure and all the things they would want or need; while i'm struggling to breath. I black out again and am in the sky; I open my eyes and see clouds around me, along with my family jumping around on clouds, and again finding anything and then i  wake up.  

Report Reply

Reply by Tilly

posted

ive had a bunch of weird dreams but ive only ever had one recurring dream, i had this dream when i was a kid and i stopped having it years ago. basically i was running through a dark forest and there was always something behind me but when  turned around to see it, it disappeared, ngl that dream was super weird but not the worst ive had lol x_x

Report Reply