« Back to the Deranged SpaceHey Gamers Forum

Any game that you were excited to play but it turned out to be a bad game?

those times when you download or buy a game thinking that it was going to be good and you end up disappointed ...

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Nehiri

posted

Tears of the Kingdom. The moment I was over the "OMG BOTW 2" hype, I realized the game is very very boring.

Also Tales of Arise, didn't think they could write something that bad but alas, they succeeded in writing something that bad.

Report Reply

Reply by EmoxxMexicanxx

posted

Back 4 blood 

Report Reply

Reply by ollie

posted

Cyberpunk 2077, Sky: Children of Light, The Sims 4, GTA Definitive

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

Monster Hunter on the Xbox One comes to mind. I was glad to see it come to Gamepass and looked forward to killing some monsters, however once I got into the game it was clunky, I didn't like the combat mechanics and frankly the grind to improve weapons was such a hassle. I ended up un-installing it.

Report Reply

Reply by yottaFlare

posted

Calico for Switch. I played the demo for PC like, waaaaaaaaay back and I had no idea the game was coming out until I saw the trailer on the Nintendo Direct. I bought it immediately, I was so excited. But I wasn't able to play it bc the frame skipping and stuttering made me super nauseous. 

It just felt really unfinished, the physics were off, I wasn't able to complete some early tasks, etc.  I'm fairly sure this was the first game release by a super small team, and I did hear that they updated it but I still haven't gotten an update for Switch, at least. 

Not a huge disappointment considering the circumstances and price, but yeah. I'm usually really open to ""jank"" in games and like experiences that are different, but I gotta be able to play the game.

Other than that, I think maybe the Secret of Mana remake. The new music was a little lackluster, the voice acting was............. hm......... and the new art design somehow manages to be both colorful and bland at the same time. I love super colorful and bright games, don't get me wrong, and I loved the designs that were released of the cast:

but the actual game is really flat. There are some gameplay decisions that were kinda sucky too. Still playable and enjoyable tho!

Thanks for a fun forum topic!  ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡

Report Reply

Reply by sputnik

posted

trigger warning:

doom eternal - the lore is just stupid and the platforming is frustrating too. On the other hand i like the combat system in the main campaign, the dlc is frustration level 100% in this case xp

Report Reply

Reply by Dark_Spark_47

posted

Honestly 2015's need for speed. 

Report Reply

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

Overkill's The Walking dead. Bought on launch, at full price.

Report Reply