« Back to the Deranged SpaceHey Gamers Forum

Any game that you were excited to play but it turned out to be a bad game?

those times when you download or buy a game thinking that it was going to be good and you end up disappointed ...

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by O Alentejano

posted

Overkill's The Walking dead. Bought on launch, at full price.

Report Reply

Reply by Dark_Spark_47

posted

Honestly 2015's need for speed. 

Report Reply

Reply by sputnik

posted

trigger warning:

doom eternal - the lore is just stupid and the platforming is frustrating too. On the other hand i like the combat system in the main campaign, the dlc is frustration level 100% in this case xp

Report Reply

Reply by yottaFlare

posted

Calico for Switch. I played the demo for PC like, waaaaaaaaay back and I had no idea the game was coming out until I saw the trailer on the Nintendo Direct. I bought it immediately, I was so excited. But I wasn't able to play it bc the frame skipping and stuttering made me super nauseous. 

It just felt really unfinished, the physics were off, I wasn't able to complete some early tasks, etc.  I'm fairly sure this was the first game release by a super small team, and I did hear that they updated it but I still haven't gotten an update for Switch, at least. 

Not a huge disappointment considering the circumstances and price, but yeah. I'm usually really open to ""jank"" in games and like experiences that are different, but I gotta be able to play the game.

Other than that, I think maybe the Secret of Mana remake. The new music was a little lackluster, the voice acting was............. hm......... and the new art design somehow manages to be both colorful and bland at the same time. I love super colorful and bright games, don't get me wrong, and I loved the designs that were released of the cast:

but the actual game is really flat. There are some gameplay decisions that were kinda sucky too. Still playable and enjoyable tho!

Thanks for a fun forum topic!  ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡

Report Reply

Reply by KiethBlackLion

posted

Monster Hunter on the Xbox One comes to mind. I was glad to see it come to Gamepass and looked forward to killing some monsters, however once I got into the game it was clunky, I didn't like the combat mechanics and frankly the grind to improve weapons was such a hassle. I ended up un-installing it.

Report Reply

Reply by ollie

posted

Cyberpunk 2077, Sky: Children of Light, The Sims 4, GTA Definitive

Report Reply

Reply by EmoxxMexicanxx

posted

Back 4 blood 

Report Reply

Reply by Nehiri

posted

Tears of the Kingdom. The moment I was over the "OMG BOTW 2" hype, I realized the game is very very boring.

Also Tales of Arise, didn't think they could write something that bad but alas, they succeeded in writing something that bad.

Report Reply