Topic: Are you here to “boycott” modern social media platforms? Or are you here because you’re obsessed with the 2000’s aesthetic?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kori

posted

B O Y C O T T 

plus everything else feels lame, here people actually talk and communicate, not just laughing at some half funny meme here and there. Its lit. 

Report Reply

Reply by Melrose

posted

I had a myspace account back in the day during it's early period. (Roughly 2004 or so.) Nostalgia mainly, but I enjoy making new friends and meeting all kinds of people.

Report Reply

Reply by Imorb

posted

I'm here to find neat people and have fun. It's not like........ super deep lol. If there's a site with a forum, I'm probably into it. I do gravitate to the slower paced sites I grew up with. I'm a digital artists and I feel like algorithms are exhausting to keep up with, so it is nice to slow down now and then. ^ ^

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

I've just got a chronic addiction to forum websites. usually my flavor of forum website is dress-up + forums but hopefully this works out too!
I'm of the opinion that the best thing to do with like any social media now is just cater your own experience. I started using the block button a lot more and it really weeds out any toxic people who otherwise just want to start problems

Report Reply

Reply by Aren!

posted

It’s kinda a mix of both for me. Sure, Modern Social Media like Twitter can be great, but it’s just too toxic. Not to mention there’s nowhere near enough customisation on any of them. I feel like sites like this are just more relaxed? I don’t feel the need to be constantly checking things!

Report Reply

Reply by XxGrayishxX

posted

It's a mix of both for me I never got to experience MySpace, but also this feels less toxic and tiring than other social media.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

Aesthetic

Report Reply

Reply by Ðꧧï©åtêÐ ©ø®þ§ê

posted

The only time I use Facebook is for chatting, I haven't even posted on my Facebook since 2018. I'm here for the nostalgia and I think MySpace was genuinely better than Facebook, at least before MySpace turned into whatever the hell it is now thanks to Justin Timberlimb.

Report Reply

Reply by Jess

posted

Reply by Kani

posted

I'm here because every mainstream social media site both locks down users' freedoms to customize their own part of the website and because the discourse on said sites is routinely far too toxic to handle. Really, I haven't felt like I've had fun on the Internet for ages now because everything's so serious and heavy and negative.

I also want to meet more people into my sad-boy-with-a-guitar music and I figure a site inspired by old MySpace is the best place for that sort of thing.

Report Reply

Reply by 。*✰♡Terri♡✰*。

posted

Wow, that’s pretty cool. :)

Report Reply