Topic: Are you here to “boycott” modern social media platforms? Or are you here because you’re obsessed with the 2000’s aesthetic?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Maximoto

posted

Both for me, I gave up on IG, deleted FB, use my Twitter for myself & am working on recovering my original 2007 Gaiaonline account.

I want to go back to having fun online that isn't tied to my real identity and is instead focused on my interests & aesthetics separate from consumerism and competition. I wanna see what people want to show of themselves, not what they have or where they go or who they know. 

Modern social media is so toxic and competitive, it only serves to collect&sell data to advertisers, shove ads in your face and make you feel inferior to others or aggravated by them.

I want to go back to having a space where everything is focused on who you are, not the image you curate & how well it fits into some marketing/political agenda. 

Report Reply

Reply by ୧ ‧₊˚ 🍮 ⋅ ☆

posted

Both, actual social media are kinda lame, here I can chat with ppl with same interests similar to mine, it feels so nice T_T

Report Reply

Reply by Valades FakeLastName

posted

Reply by Roz 🎀🕯️

posted

Boycott cause tiktok fucking sucks

Report Reply

Reply by 。♪₊˚♬゚jessica。♪₊˚♬゚

posted

i used to use other social media platforms, but i realized how awful it was for my mental health, so i've been off of it for close to a year now. however, i did enjoy the aspect of having a sort of "public diary" where people can peek in and see what im up to. i had used this site a long time ago as a joke but i think its really cool now! im not constantly bombarded with what other people are doing with their lives, but i can go see if i want to. its like we all have our own little islands, and we can visit whenever we want to, but we're not obligated. i don't know, it just feels nice

Report Reply

Reply by XxLie_AbilityxX

posted

boycott mostly, though i absolutely missed the old forum aesthetic and layout from my early online days XD

aside from all my negative feelings abt modern social media, it also just goes too fast for me. i would usually walk away from socials after wasting a few hours, then i'd be sad abt whatever the new discourse is and have a migraine bc i'm processing too much too fast lawl!! i can hardly even watch youtube vids while doing smthn else anymore bc my brain gets too tired. so i deleted all my socials except here and youtube (and neocities if that counts??), and im working on using youtube less too bc i'd like them to not be such a shitty company

tl;dr: social media hurts me physically wtf

Report Reply

Reply by ☣m0ThHeAd☣

posted

im here because its cool and i love the vibe of the old 2000s websites

Report Reply

Reply by ☣m0ThHeAd☣

posted

im here because its cool and i love the vibe of the old 2000s websites

Report Reply

Reply by ☯︎ Sᴜɴᴀʏɴ ☯︎

posted

I wanted to feel how the og MySpace was (since I didn't got to experience it) and though this was a good alternative. And because of the forums lol

Report Reply