Posted by Aster

posted
updated

Forum: Jobs, Work, Careers

View Aster's Topics

View Aster's Profile

Report Topic

What was th3 worst job you 3v3r did?

I am having a hard tim3 with my curr3nt job (and my lat3st application today was r3ject3d) :.(((

So I was wond3ring if anyon3 had any bad job/boss stori3s th3y want3d to shar3?

Edit: this is job 13 for m3 fyi xD

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by toLove3mily

posted

Don't give up on your job search even if it's discouraging!  After college, I sent resumes and cover letters to about 50 companies before finally getting hired.

My first job working at an amusement park was the worst.  I was assigned to work in the private party/picnic area.
On the first day, they didn't have enough staff to train me and it was confusing since nobody was there to help.  Then one of my coworkers hated me the second she saw me.  Later another coworker told me she's like that to people who have more money than her.  I felt bed since I worked for money I could use to buy my own things while she had to work to support her family even though we were both the same age.

I quickly learned that there were so many employees that I could literally clock in and hide in the locker rooms instead of work and they'd never notice 😂

Report Reply

Reply by Jonathan

posted

May I suggest applying to places and for  positions you would TOTALLY love 💘!

It makes it a little easier and less stressful on you knowing that eventually you'll get what you want. So your current situation and let down isn't as dramatic and somewhat tolerable.

I got a Bachelors degree right out of high school. Jumped in the Air Force and managed another Bachelors while in there. 
All because everyone told me that's what I had to do to succeed in life. After the AF all I knew about myself was that I couldn't be held down in an office or cubical somewhere wearing a suite. Ugh!
So I jumped into transportation and became a CDL"A" driver the rest of my life till recently. Those were the best yrs ever...

Report Reply

Reply by Lizzy

posted

I worked in a Wal-Mart call center.  The complaint line, to be exact.  It was worse than any Hollywood horror movie.  

Report Reply

Reply by Ven Perp

posted

Maybe 8 or 10 years ago, I worked at a machine shop that was about 70 hours a week mostly hand-turning screws. I've dealt with minor nerve inflammation problems in my hands & arms ever since. Before I quit, I was waking up screaming in pain, but thankfully it's healed a good bit since then.

Report Reply

Reply by Evermoree

posted

I think the worst job I've had was when I worked at Forever21. I liked my coworkers, but the majority of the managers honestly sucked. Like they expected you to put your whole life into the job, literally drop everything that you're doing to come in a day that you were scheduled off, as if you're supposed to be waiting around at home on your days off, waiting to be called in at any moment. And the customers sucked sometimes too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

A lot lmao. I worked at a lot of fast food joints, warehouse clerk, cleaning buses, in a kitchen at Hooters. I didn't like any of them and I wasn't too great at them (i'm terrible at dealing with people).

The most tolerable jobs I had was at a convenience and pizza delivery driver (which is what i am currently doing). After a while working at a convenience store which is one of my longest held jobs I had, being constantly in front of people got to me and I quit recently and I'm doing pizza delivery while attending community college.

Report Reply

Reply by Colonel Hotshot

posted

I think just about any job you have is gonna have it's fair share of drama. 

That being said, the WORSE job I ever had was when I worked as a Help Desk Technician. Dealing with people complaining to me about things that weren't my fault. Yelling at me, cussing me out, it was the WORSE! And it didn't help that the company I worked for was TERRIBLE! They sucked at helping employees with family issues, kept enforcing all these stupid rules about only using the bathroom for like 10-15 minutes, showed a lot of favoritism, I mean I don't know how I lasted there for 3 years.

But hey, you'll be alright. Just find what you like to do and go for it. Don't let anything get in your way

Report Reply

Reply by Crystal Sage

posted

Telemarketing.  It was for a non profit, but alas, I just couldn’t bring myself to cold call people and ask for money.  I lasted one whole day, and that was the shortest job I’ve ever had.  

I’ve learned over the years of shlupping through applications, that applying for jobs is like trying to sell a book.  
Also, don’t be afraid to ask about things that matter t you in interviews.  Ask about statistics, and ask how much they effect your possible job.  Discuss what a typical day is like.  If you can afford to say no to something that’s a bad fit, do so.  If you are treated badly during the interview, don’t be afraid to get up and walk out.  An interview is not an offer of employment, so it won’t effect unemployment if you have it.  

Report Reply

Reply by Crystal Sage

posted

Telemarketing.  It was for a non profit, but alas, I just couldn’t bring myself to cold call people and ask for money.  I lasted one whole day, and that was the shortest job I’ve ever had.  

I’ve learned over the years of shlupping through applications, that applying for jobs is like trying to sell a book.  
Also, don’t be afraid to ask about things that matter t you in interviews.  Ask about statistics, and ask how much they effect your possible job.  Discuss what a typical day is like.  If you can afford to say no to something that’s a bad fit, do so.  If you are treated badly during the interview, don’t be afraid to get up and walk out.  An interview is not an offer of employment, so it won’t effect unemployment if you have it.  

Report Reply

Reply by Erica

posted

The first time I worked at McDonalds I was in hs and it honestly wasn't bad, I became a manager actually. But a little over a year ago I worked at a different McDonalds and omg it was so bad. The GM was a bitch and hated me for no reason. She was always bitching at me and for what. Nothing. She was also having an affair with the main manager guy and they were both married. And they were like 50ish. It was just a bad environment. I was never treated that way at a job before because I am a hard worker but she acted like I was stupid. Ugh, I got all mad remembering lol 

Report Reply