« Music Forum

Best show you've been to!

Posted by Becca

posted

Forum: Music

Could be any genre I just wanna hear about the best show you've been to!

Report Topic

193 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Tyler i guess

posted

MELVINS

The Church and Lil B were also fun tho

Report Reply

Reply by m4rs

posted

Saw Obituary last October and it was epic. It was a pretty small venue and I was barrier from most of it. One of the tightest gigs I've ever been too. Terry Butler played on a 6 string fretless bass which takes insane levels of talent to do. They played with Pest Control and Celestial Sanctuary, both of which were absolutely insane as well. 

Did get my eyebrow piercing caught in a circle pit, that shit bled for days. Slipped in someones vomit moshing as well nd almost got trampled, 100% worth it tho. All part of the metal gig experience. 

Bought an inked in blood hoodie (still my fav hoodie i own), got hit in the head with a flying drumstick and got a fist bump off John Tardy at the end, absolutely insane night

Report Reply

Reply by JoppingBen10Fan

posted

tripleS LOVElution in October 2023 and Rihanna's ANTI tour back in 2016 for me

Report Reply

Reply by sapphire ☆

posted

PIERCE THE VEILLL OMG theyre my favorite band in the world and seeing them live was SURREAL, they are such good performers and brought a girl on stage and literally gave her a guitar!!! it was so cute i was literally tearing up, and then at the end they messed with us and pretended their show finished twice by turning on the lights and stuff after each "last song", then finished off with king for a day. also made some lifelong friends that night, it was so great :)

Report Reply

Reply by Gerard's Guitar

posted

Hella Mega Tour 2022 in London, all the bands were awesome! Although the food at the venue was gross af and well overpriced-

Report Reply

Reply by ixaiah

posted

Death Grips back in June last year. Amazing experience. Waited 8 hours to see them and it was definitely worth the 30 minute performance!

Report Reply

Reply by navi

posted

id say the best show ive been to was probably the Misfits and Megadeth concert i went to in Florida a few months ago, even tho all i could afford was to be seated far from the stage, it was still an amazing show. especially since it was also the first time Glenn Danzig would perform with the misfits in florida since the 80s, and megadeth was great too

Report Reply

Reply by Sh4rk_f1nn

posted

Dude best show hands down was when I saw Machine girl opening for The Garden. It was honestly the best time of my life and my intro into wayyyy more experimental and alternative music. I've been in love with Machine Girl and digital hardcore ever since. 

Report Reply

Reply by henry

posted

the foo fighters taylor hawkins tribute concert in london, september 2022, is the best i have ever been to.

there were so many different artists and bands playing, to remember such an amazing musician. the full concert is on paramount+ i think - there are some clips on youtube too. it was so beautiful, but very sad too :(

Report Reply

Reply by Clementine / Tina

posted
updated

My best concert I went to was actually a weekend festival called 'Green Man' that Happens annually. I went last year (2023) and saw some of my favourite bands like Jockstrap [Experimental/classical/Metal/Pop], Julie [Rock/Shoegaze], and Amyl and the Sniffers [Heavy Rock]. It was awesome. 

Over 1,000 performers impress crowds at Green Man festival | County TimesGreen Man 2023 review: capturing the essence of nature & music

Report Reply

Reply by Auran

posted

definitely king gizzard and the lizard wizard in forest hills back in october '22. leah senior and black midi opened for them and black midi especially was absolutely insane. really fun show, definitely gotta see gizz live again

Report Reply

Reply by ✞ 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖗 ✞

posted

The best show I went to probably pierce the veil because me and my sister got way up to the stage and at the end of the show, when Vic Fuentes through his guitar pick into the crowd my sister caught it :)

Report Reply

Reply by sk1ttlez

posted

the best shows ive been to was probably pierce the veil and taking back sunday

the environment was so good in both and just bonding with the people around you who enjoy them as much as you do is such a good experience

Report Reply

Reply by jay

posted

hollywood undead/falling in reverse/papa roach! it was amazing and i was close to the stage, which made it even better. 

Report Reply

Reply by jay

posted

hollywood undead/falling in reverse/papa roach! it was amazing and i was close to the stage, which made it even better. 

Report Reply

Reply by Aura Monroe

posted

Best show I have been to so far is 2 of them.

-Foo Fighters 

-Heart : The Led Zeppelin Experience 

Report Reply

Reply by Awful_Alex

posted

Best show ive ever been to was either Pierce the Veil or Avenged sevonfold

at ptv they brought a fan onstage and gave her a guitar, and it was AWESOME

at a7x tho, they had REALLY COOL visuals on the stage, especially during a little piece of heavan

Report Reply

Reply by Cranky Old Witch

posted

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck at Madison Square Garden back in '89!

Report Reply

Reply by Asher

posted

dunno if this counts but i met and helped matt eberhart set up a street performance in the middle of auckland city.

Report Reply

Reply by Tz

posted

I got to see Roger Waters with my dad during his Us + Them tour. The visuals and effects really made that show so in terms of effects definitely that one. 

However, I got to see my favorite band Foals last year which was a real treat. They are such a good band live, and I would recommend anyone to go out of their way to see them. 

Report Reply

Reply by kit ✮

posted

saw the grunge-shoegaze band julie last august. been a long time fan, absolutely love their stuff. did not disappoint live. ive been to a lot of gigs but they just sounded so good. crowd was sick too. great pit. 10/10 worth the 3 hour drive

Report Reply

Reply by auraella

posted

Last year I went to a Kendrick Lamar concert and omg. I'm normally not a big fan of the genre but I love his stuff and wow, the concert was out of this world. The stage, his presence, and the vibes were just so amazing, definitely in my top five.

Report Reply

Reply by brooke

posted

I went to my very first punk show last month and... oh my god. it was freaking awesome!!!!

performing was a star-studded lineup of Waco locals. now, I'm not from Waco, but I'm close enough to it. anyways, the bands: Tuba Room, Dog Bite, Rewound, Rad Dragon, A Night Out, and Bedtime Stories. I only got to see the first three bands because my friends and I had to get back home before a certain time, but what I was able to see, I LOVED. I moshed for the first time during Rewound's last song. it was so cool, especially since it was a Halloween show and I was dressed as Patrick Bateman xD

safe to say I will find myself in Waco a lot more soon. by the way, if you like punk, definitely check out Rewound and Dog Bite. their stuff's available on Bandcamp.

Report Reply

Reply by banana

posted

i go to a lot of punk and local shows but the best concert was probably my first actual punk rock concert in portland with three of my friends. we went to see pinkshift and they were so awesome bc the whole venue was headbanging lol. mannequin pussy was the next band on the lineup and i stayed there because one of the friends i went with really likes them and i was really surprised to hear that they had heavier and faster songs than the one i heard beforehand. i got thrashed around in a mosh pit and i nearly lost hearing in my left ear for days it was perfect and i felt so alive

Report Reply

Reply by XxipodxkittyxX

posted

I think the best show I've been to is def Pierce The Veil at their New Years Eve hometown sow last year !! the crowd was kinda awful bc of annoying 13 year old girls from tik tok BUT I was at barricade in front of the loml Vic Fuentes so it was ok !! Wishing for the day he plays songs from AFFTD again tho !

Report Reply

Reply by m!!!

posted

Hozier Unreal Unearth. Was just the best concert experience i've ever had i think. I got real close to the barrier without having to come early, everyone was really chill and the location was So Lovely.

Report Reply

Reply by Uneuclid

posted

Furnace Fest 2023 so far

Report Reply

Reply by xX_Jay_Xx

posted

In terms of setlist: Dance Gavin Dance's Jackpot Juicer tour

In terms of crowd/venue: Pierce The Veil's opener for I Prevail :))

Report Reply

Reply by Love Smothers Allergy

posted

The Cure in 2013 & again in 2016 <3 Cried like a Bieber Fan 

Report Reply

Reply by frank

posted

i saw ls dunes in january and it was my first time crowdsurfing so that one. that gig fixed me and that silly band is my everything :3

Report Reply

Reply by Adam Wants You Dead

posted

Fall Out Boy was pretty good but I LOVED seeing Black Veil Brides
Also Paleface....

Report Reply

Reply by Veruca

posted

THE CURE!!!!! They were incredible I can't wait to see them again

Report Reply

Reply by lil_pookie_dookie

posted

Unknown Mortal Orchestra & Seafoam Walls at the Fillmore. Shit changed my life

Report Reply

Reply by montanaxd

posted

definitely ice nine kills for me 

Report Reply

Reply by LOU !!

posted

the best show ive been to HAS to be mcr in nashville ^^ 

Report Reply

Reply by Rorio

posted

The best show I’ve been to was billy idol it was sick

He is an incredible man, he’s like 60 and he and still preform like he’s 20. It was one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen

Report Reply

Reply by dog

posted

carach angren. they were just so theatrical, and honestly the best band that i saw that night. i wish that we wore corpse paint, but there wasnt anyone else wearing it either, so i guess it might be better that we didnt. 

too bad i went with a guy i didn't really like, but i wont bring him next time lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Melgor

posted

saw drain in lawrence a few weeks ago, finally saw drug church, been wanting to see them since i was like 14

Report Reply

Reply by Spoofer45100

posted

Still will be good old Weird Al back in 2004 and 2007. It was a hoot and a holler, and an incredible stage show.

Report Reply

Reply by dj lovemane

posted

not rly “been to” but i worked at a halsey concert. i couldn’t catch the entire thing cuz thry were on my ASS so i would carry crates of water but she has INSANE stage presence. 

Report Reply

Reply by moment

posted

The only show I've ever been to was a Gorilla Biscuits one LOL but it was super fun and totally worth the bruises,,, 

Report Reply

Reply by [ Flo ]

posted

I've been to lots of shows and the best ones were always the local small punk (crust, grindcore, dbeat) shows. Local metal shows are great too but punk gigs have better moshpits

Report Reply

Reply by b0ywh0canfly.exee

posted

I haven’t been to a lot of shows (only 3 lol) but I just saw The Cure and they were amazing :3

Report Reply

Reply by b0ywh0canfly.exee

posted

I haven’t been to a lot of shows (only 3 lol) but I just saw The Cure and they were amazing :3

Report Reply

Reply by scaledandicy ☆彡

posted

ghost last year for the imperatour for sure!!! being dressed up with the face paint and everything helped but it was a real fun time :3

Report Reply

Reply by xxjettjadorexx

posted

almost every time i go to a show i say to myself, "this was the best one" 

but i have to say it was probably when i saw afi ((for the first time ever)) in december last year...got to be right up front and made intense prolonged eye contact with davey multiple times throughout the night. dreams really do come true lol. but really, those guys put on an AMAZING show--great energy. davey really knows how to work the stage for sure

Report Reply

Reply by nvmchino

posted

saw the breeders recently it was fire the opener was a band named bully never heard of them but do continue to listen   

Report Reply

Reply by tori <3

posted

My chemical romance was the best show of my life i cried multiple times

Report Reply

Reply by whatremainsofalthea

posted

I saw Meshuggah last november and wasn’t super familiar with them before the show but their presence was amazing and the energy in the room was so charged. As a pretty tiny person I almost never get to go in the pit without risking significant injury but at this show people were mostly just jumping and lightly pushing so I was able to join in for the first time ever. 

I was kind of the forgotten child and very invisible in school. I never talked much and flew under the radar. To be jumping around with so many other people… i dont know how to describe it but for an hour or so i felt so REAL. I will never forget that show. 

Report Reply

Reply by AimForresty

posted

The Killers concert in 2019. They went to the Zoo Amphitheater in OKC. So It's all out in a big field on a hill. Halfway through the show there's thunder and lightning and then it starts raining, was a really euphoric experience and really boosted the atmosphere of the concert. They did have to end the show prematurely but it was still amazing to witness. Had a great time.

Report Reply