« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

what are must watch scary movies

i love scary movies, but im sure i havent watched many of the most liked and popular ones. i personally dont really like horror films where it just some killer who is random american man who just for some reason started to murder teens. 

so what horror movies one must see to call themselfs horrorfans?

i can watch gory stuff, so no need to hold back anything good. thanks:)

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Alex W

posted

Alien is just an absolute landmark film. Deserves all the hype it just goes that hard

The Shining duh, impeccably shot and super tense/mysterious

the evil dead franchise is gory campy fun, and Scream is similar in regards to meta humour and solid kills

and also def look into A24, they’ve got some of the best modern horror under their belt, like Hereditary and Talk To Me

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Rot

posted

If you like zombies, [or are even just okay with them/don't hate them] 28 days later and 28 weeks later are both for sure "must watch" movies... one of the only series i've ever seen where the sequel was actually better. 

My ma would probably say most of the saw movies..  Final destination or the nightmare on elm street series [though there's a few bad ones in both of those they're definitely great overall] 

and then the scream movies are classics especially the first one.

I asked my ma directly and a few friends and some others they said are: 
I know what you did last summer
13 ghosts 
The original, remake and new versions of The Shining 
Child's play/The chucky movies 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Rosyquartz

posted

Other than what people have already said you could watch a bunch of older slashers like Halloween etc- also psycho

Permalink Report Reply