« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

opinions on teens/ya who idolize criminals?

Heyyooo i was interested to hear what you guys think of teens/young adults idolizing and praising criminals? For example, the whole columbine school shooter thing with young teen girls saying they were 'just misunderstood' and stand up for them and shi, and the serial killer fandom stuff. Idk i really dont know what to think about it, do you blame them or do you excuse their weird teen behavior and see it as a part of their growing up?

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Buraiden Gai

posted

weird behavior from people who are still developing is inevitable but it should still be discouraged to idolize people like that, lord knows what they could do in honor of those idols especially those who committed crimes as teens themselves/committed crimes at schools.

Report Reply

Reply by Haywood

posted

Do they not realize that 98% of famous criminals live lives that eventually end in either prison or death; including dishonoring their family & loved-ones.  

Even in fiction, the villain eventually loses.  As a kid I thought being the "badguy" would be exciting & fun.  But now as an adult, I now realize that most of that shit is just pure fairy-tale non-sense.  

Being good & trying to have morals is what matters.  I'd rather be the hero of my life & enjoy a slow gradual rise that results in a long-life.  Than to try evil seeking quick satisfaction & glory, only to end up S.O.L @ the end.

Report Reply

Reply by H I M E

posted

I don't think it's excusable at all to be a "fan" of real life criminals and serial killers. Even if they're still a developing teen, it's no excuse at all. Those are real people; they've done real harm and ruined real lives. It's deeply insensitive and wrong.

Report Reply

Reply by kyd

posted

i think it's very messed up, and shouldn't be encouraged or accepted or wtv. it's hard to distinguish if that kind of fanaticism stems from an actual desire to be like the killers or if it's almost like a fear response (coping with something horrifying by forcing yourself to like it so you feel safer). the fact that it's hard to distinguish between a future killer & someone who's being edgy is a problem, so i don't think it should be accepted as a 'growing up' thing y'know? cus what if that person is actually dangerous.

Report Reply

Reply by CupidRuben

posted

As a teen myself it’s beyond crazy those type of ppl are either mentally ill or trying so hard to be seen as edgy. But this kinda thing has been going on since before my generation. I don’t mind criminals in fiction tho.

Report Reply

Reply by ⧗ ꉔꄲꂵ꒐ꉔ ꍌꏂꏂꀘ ⧗

posted

I think blaming kids for idolizing or romanticizing bad/generally shitty people is not the correct thing to do. I believe the lack of education and understanding what empathy means is the main issue here for kids doing that sort of stuff and them not understanding how these people are straight up losers instead of misunderstood hotties. However if you still haven't learned that doing that behavior hurts victims and their families and you STILL support them by the age where your brain is FULLY DEVELOPED then you are a lost cause at this point. Still though, kids should be discouraged to do such things instead of harrasing them for not fully understanding the gravity of the situation. 

Report Reply

Reply by Fern ^__^

posted

they are weird

Report Reply

Reply by ella !

posted

it's really disgusting. yet they don't realize how messed up idolizing a murderer/criminal is. while it may be an outlet or interest, it isn't a good one

Report Reply