« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Discussion thread about Wim Wenders's Paris, Texas

I've always heard about Paris, Texas since I watched Harry Dean Stanton in Lynch's Fire Walk With Me and was thrilled to find Dean Stockwell " Quantum Leap" in it.

This movie is a very good example of how to make your work look aesthetically wonderful and also provide it with a good script that makes the movie never leaves the watcher's mind.
The bottled emotions that all the cast provided were excellent and even Travis son Hunter Carson did a great work as a kid.

The thing/question that kept me up all night thinking about is  was it the right choice for Travis to take his son out of a real responsible and caring parents and put him in the mess of his and Jane's life?

It's a pretty confusing question, I mean He is a kid and of course has the right to choose whether to continue living with his uncle or go on with his real parents, but what i'm talking about is how far the environment is healthy for him?
His real father is a self centered, obsessive, irrational and Definitely an  abusive man o his ex-wife, while the mother is a very young woman, who suffers from the consequences of domestic violence and real mental problems to the point that made her admit she was not ready for Hunter and somehow gave him up, yet kept giving his bank acc money every month~.
I mean he literally slept in the car while his son is out in the parking lot looking for random car with a random woman in it "Kidnapping?"

On the Other hand, his uncle is a kind responsible person, has proper job, his wife truly loves Hunter and both of them treat him as their real child..

I still think that either of Jane or Travis can establish the same environment for Hunter his Uncle and his Wife did.

a problem I had with Anne "Travis brother's Wife" is the amount of stress She delivered through the movie when it comes to her relationship with Travis there was something so eerie as if she wants him to remember something he doesn't and the plot was never reopened again after Jane appeared.

The final thing that bugged me is how we got barely no details on what happened to the characters after they broke up, how did they get to that point? him passing out in gas station or her working in the club, why?

What are your thoughts on the movie?

Report Topic

0 Replies