« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

skins effys character

i think skins is a dumb teenager show i still love it and like everyone else my faz gen is gen 1. I just think that in gen 2 they went complete off the rails in gen 1 even tho they were bad students they actually cared a little about school in gen 2 all they do is party, drugs and run away.

And of course effy is… i mean she is so pretty and i love her style but i just think that she could be introduced better. She was so 2 dimensional in the beginning and the directors thought “hmmm this is making her look like a bitch and unrelatable lets add some mental illnes”

But even tho i hate her the show wouldnt be as interesting without her

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

effy is such an unbelievable character in my eyes, arguably the most unbelievable in the show.

she has virtually no personality traits besides drugs and being aloof and sure she has some mental issues but i dont understand how any of that could lead to virtually every male character having a crush on her.

shes clearly emotionally unavailable and immature in relationships so idk why anyone tries to get w her in the show its just like a manic-pixie dream girl archetype but 100x more shallow

Report Reply

Reply by Aleyna

posted

Effy is one of my favorite character because I can relate to her on some points, like, she needs to be seen and loved but she also can't love because she's so scared, she's scared to love because she knows the boy is gonna end up crying or in pain. I also relate to James Cook from gen 2 because everybody just sees him as the "idiotic dumb horny guy" when in reality it's just a facade to hide his real him, which is a kind loving guy, but nobody sees him like that, because all he do is pretend everything is fine when it's not. So yeah, Skins is a very difficult serie to watch when you're only 13 on 14, cause I discovered Skins when I was 13, and it really hurts, because you just feel like you want to be like them, when in reality you truly don't. It'll be one of my favorite show for so long. 

Skins

Report Reply