Never Trust Anybody

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by flxckos

posted

Reply by Robot

posted

I'm sure there will be many more.

The most common reason is the lack of the user's knowledge of how to do the task.

The user has no idea of what is required, how the task will go or how to complete the task.

It can be difficult to know what to do in a task, and how to accomplish a particular task in a specific order, but it is a great opportunity to know what the right actions are, and what to expect in that order. This allows us to make the most of the user's limited knowledge of what is required to complete a task and the ability to perform it efficiently and safely, without the user's being distracted or overwhelmed by it or any of that stuff, or even just having to wait a few moments to do something.

This means, in the long run, that we can make it a lot more difficult for the user to know the right action to complete the task and what is necessary to perform that task.

This is the reason why it's so important for us to make this task as efficient, safe and enjoyable to do as we can.

So, let's start with some examples:

I have a simple project, but the user needs to find out the exact number to finish it and what time to complete it in the first place:

I can't finish the project with a certain time limit because the user has to do something in the middle of the project that requires the user to complete a certain amount of work in a specific order:

So, we can use a few more examples:

A simple user needs to complete a task that he/she is interested in, but the user does not know what it is and what it will do, or how to accomplish the specific task:

The task that the user does not know is not what he/she wants to do, but rather what he/she needs to do to complete that task:

This can lead us to the following:

A simple user needs to complete a project that he is looking to do, and the task he does need is not the same as the one he wants:

This can lead to a lot more problems.

We can solve these by adding the user's own actions, but we need a way of making sure the user

Permalink Report Reply