« News and Politics Forum

What's all this mean?? - Ask and learn about American politics and terms

Hello!! I love to answer earnest questions about a lot of heavy topics, and with my main special interest being politics I like to answer questions about anything political. I'm American and I'm quite used to hearing lots of misconceptions about some important things. I don't get to engage in a lot of political talk irl because a lot of folks don't like to talk about it. I do a lot of research with this and I found that it's easy to learn some new things if I'm asked specific questions!

For clarification, this forum topic is NOT about debating views that are subjective like "when does life begin" but more so to talk and learn about common terms, how they are used, how they are supposed to be used, propaganda and what it does, etc.

I understand American politics to be highly reactionary, as we don't have any significant political parties that are centrist or leftist. So I know that things will most likely get heated at points, if you see someone sealioning* or trying to flame, do not respond to them.

*Sealioning is a political/internet term for a type of trolling that consists of asking people for evidence (often already addressed or tangentially related to the topic) while holding the guise of sincerity/civility by feigning ignorance

Report Topic

0 Replies