« Helping each other Forum

How do I make friends?

Posted by Neil

posted

Forum: Helping each other

Just on SpaceHey in general amongst users, I'm really shy *especially* online for some reason and being on this new platform without being like recommended from a friend is scary, so does anyone have any tips on making friends and overall just communicating towards others on here? 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by aiyu

posted

in my experience, just reach out to anyone who you think is interesting! if i see someone that has similar interests to me, i like to add them and let them know :) maybe even ask them to chat too. honestly i think ppl just like talking, so be brave and take the first step!

and also be confident. you absolutely need to at least fake it.

Report Reply

Reply by JillTheSomething

posted

Take a look around some of the online users and send friend requests to users you think are nice.

From there, comment something on their profile. Say thanks for adding you and ask them what their up to.

The hard part is finding something to say on user's blogs/bulletins/pages/etc.. to start a conversation. Asking questions seems to work well.

Report Reply

Reply by Misalins9x

posted

It's completely normal to feel shy, Amanda The Adventurer especially when joining a new platform like SpaceHey.Don't hesitate to initiate conversations or reach out to other users. Send friendly messages or comments to start a conversation and show your interest in getting to know them better. Remember that many others on the platform may also be looking to make friends and connect with new people. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mira23

posted

Making friends is also quite dinosaur game difficult for me

Report Reply

Reply by AltWoman_XD

posted

Well if you're talking online, there are many sources for meeting new people and making friends. Social media is a great outlet for endless individuals to talk to.

If you're talking in person, maybe join teams or clubs at schools. Try talking to people in your classes or workplace, even maybe lessons. There are many outlets for socializing and making friends. Like going to shows, museums, parks, stores etc. Just be open, try to start a conversation, or even get to know people. I know it can feel hard, especially in this current time, but keep trying.

Report Reply