« Back to the Crochet and Knitting Forum

does any1 know where 2 get cheap yarn ?

i luv crafting but yarn is sooo expensive ,,, does any1 know where 2 get cheap yarn (that doesn't suck/ rip super easily)???

idc if i have to order it, expensive yarn has taken a giant toll on my wallet ... 

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Hoonah

posted

Dollar Tree has started adding more cheap craft products to their stores. They stock PRIMER which is not a bad yarn. They have a pretty good selection of colors, but the skeins are pretty small. But for about $1 each its totally worth it!

~ good luck 💕

Report Reply

Reply by Monica

posted

If you’re from the uk places like aldi and even the range sell yarn for like a pound or a bag of 2+ yarn balls for a couple pounds. That’s where I get mine, unless I need a specific type of yarn I’ll have to shop at hobbycraft where it’s a bit more pricey. Otherwise best bet is probably online cuz everything’s cheaper there

Report Reply

Reply by Neri

posted

i usually get my cheap yarn from thrift stores. not all of them have yarn, but some do. hopefully you have one near you c:

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆。°✩𝔧𝔬✩°。⋆

posted

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but I got a huge bag of yarn from an estate sale, so you could search there. No saying you'll get exactly what you want/need but it could be fun to start some random projects!

Report Reply

Reply by ngoomie

posted

I get my cheapo yarn from Michaels, they're a big craft supplies chain store kinda like Hobby Lobby minus the shitty parts about HL. I think all of their yarns contain some levels of synthetics though in case that could be an issue (dunno how many of them if any contain biodegradable synthetics, everything I've bought has contained varied levels of acrylic)

Report Reply