« Back to the CD cult Forum

Introductions! [pinned]

Posted by charlie

posted
updated

Forum: CD cult Group

hi everyone :) i'd like to get to know this group's other members, so i've written down some basic questions for you to answer, but you could also just freestyle your introduction if you want to. looking forward to meeting u all!

Name

Pronouns

Favorite band/artist/music genres

Favorite CD in collection

Most wanted CD

i'll start. hey! i'm Charlie, i'm 17 and i'm from the Netherlands. my pronouns are he/it but i'm cool with people switching it up occasionally if i know they're not a transphobe. My favorite band is My Chemical Romance but i also really love Badflower and Taylor Swift, and i'm a sucker for pop punk music. My favorite CD is my copy of Hesitant Alien by Gerard Way, which was signed by him. My most wanted CDs are the Temper EP by Badflower and the album XO by Leathermouth. i've always adored CDs, but only started actively collecting them in mid 2021. i think i got my love of CDs from my dad, because he used to collect them too. sadly, when he moved his new home didn't have enough space for his CDs, so he gave them to me instead. i've currently got about 60 CDs in my personal collection, and about 120 from my dad's collection. My personal CD collection is the pinned blog post on my profile, and i'm also on Discogs, where my username is cha-cha-charlie, feel free to add me!

Report Topic

7 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by meow

posted
updated

HEYAAAAA!!!!!

Name: mew/mewz for now 

Pronouns: she/they

Location; the uk

Favorite band/artist/music genres: FALL OUT BOY, MCR, PANIC AT THE DISCO!!! basically just emo stuff atm but my music taste is pretty versatile 

Favorite CD in collection: Diamond eyes - deftones or Danger days - mcr

Most wanted CD: Three cheers for sweet revenge - mcr, Folie a deux - fall out boy or Viva la cobra  - cobra starship

Report Reply

Reply by evilaurum

posted

Hello Hello! My name is Leo (or Aurum, either works). I'm 18 years old and live in the U.S., I use any pronouns, all of 'em are cool! I love lots of varied music with my current favorite genres being hardcore edm and a few metal subgenres. (metalcore, nu metal etc....) My favorite CDs in my collection are my Hatsune Miku Digital Stars Compilations (2021 and 2022), but my deluxe version of How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence + the Machine holds a special place in my heart <3

I'll soon have 30 CDs in my collection (i only have 29 at the time of writing this though, haha) and I would say my most wanted CD is Heaven to a Tortured Mind by Yves Tumor-- my personal favorite album of all time. I'm still pretty new to collecting, but I'm so excited to expand my inventory and share it with others! 

Report Reply

Reply by TEETH ♱

posted

name: teeth

pronouns: they/them

favourite genre: black metal/dsbm

favourite cd: lifelover - sjukdom

most wanted cd: anything dsbm bc theyre super hard to find and expensive!

Report Reply

Reply by thelastcommand16

posted

Hello!

My screen name is thelastcommand16, my pronouns are she/her, and I'm 15. I love 70s and 80s music. From Bowie to Alice Cooper to Tom Jones, I'm all for it! My favorite CD in my collection currently is Alice Cooper - Trash. It's a CD from the 80s so It's one of my prized possessions. I think the CD I want the most right now is The Crimson Idol - W.A.S.P. It's a terrific album. It has some amazing storytelling and I would love to finally have it on CD.

Report Reply

Reply by Chip

posted

Name chip

Age im a teenager

Pronouns he/it

Location USA

Favorite band/artist/music genres I like nirvana, Rob Zombie,alice in Chains,oingo boingo, system of a down, and Selena and my favorite genre is grunge 

Favorite CD in collection: in utero

Most wanted CD: any rob zombie cd

Report Reply

Reply by JoppingBen10Fan

posted

Name: Max

Pronouns: they/them

Favorite band/artist/music genres: Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, popular music, K-Pop, Eurovision, etc. 

Favorite CD in collection: all my NOW That's What I Call Music (US version) albums

Most wanted CD: Taylor Swift's self titled album, specifically the release with the version of Picture To Burn with the original lyric. 

Report Reply

Reply by R>A>M>O>N>A !!

posted

Name: Ramona, Rami or Whatsername!!! :3

Pronouns: any!!!

Favorite band/artist/music genres: My favorite bands are Green Day, Radiohead, GUFI, Evanescence, Foxboro Hot Tubs, Blink-182, My Bloody Valentine, Tronic, Slowdive, Soda Stereo and Babasónicos. My favorite artists are Gustavo Cerati, Avril Lavigne and Takako Mamiya and my favorite genres are punk, rock (especially Argentinian), shoegaze and citypop!!!!

Favorite CD in collection: 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day, Ahi Vamos - Gustavo Cerati, Kid A - Radiohead, Dynamo - Soda Stereo and ¡DOS! - Green Day

Most wanted CD: All the CDs that I already have but in their Japanese edition, LOVE TRIP - Takako Mamiya, Ahi Vamos (CD+DVD) - Gustavo Cerati, Nimrod (Australian edition) - Green Day, Kerplunk! - Green Day, In Rainbows - Radiohead, loveless - my bloody valentine, mbv - my bloody valentine, Stop Drop and Roll!!! - Foxboro Hot Tubs, Amnesiac - Radiohead, Let Go - Avril Lavigne, Bocanada - Gustavo Cerati, Anoche - Babasónicos, Historias de la Calle - GUFI, Ligas Mayores - Tronic, Ke patine la risa - Tronic, Pygmalion - Slowdive and Take off your pants and jacket - Blink-182!!!!

Report Reply