« Pets and Animals Forum

Favorite dog breed

I really like golden doodles, I’ve owned 2 & they were the best dogs ever. 

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Treacle

posted

Parson Russells and Jack Russells. My first dog was a Jack Russell. I got her in 2006, unfortunately she passed in 2018. Now I only have one dog, my Parson Russell who will be 9 next month. I'm looking to get another dog soon, probably one of those two breeds. Or maybe a Fox Terrier or Border Terrier.

Report Reply

Reply by arwen

posted

goldendoodles arent a breed, they’re a mix <3 

if you like goldendoodles, i’d recommend just getting a poodle in the future. they’re more predictable, aren’t backyard bred, have less health problems, and are overall everything a doodle is and more. there is no doodle standard, so they can’t be bred to it. standards are important because it creates a goal for health, temperament, and appearance. with no standard, doodles are just bred for no reason other than money. no ethical breeder would sell their dogs to a doodle breeder, so the doodle breeder’s dogs are out of standard and poorly bred. it’s important to support ethical breeders because they care about the dogs they breed and want to preserve and better the breed. no hate of course, just educating! 

To answer the question, my favorite breeds are newfoundlands, dobermans, german shepherds, and beaucerons. i love big dogs! i just wish they didn’t have such short lifespans

Report Reply

Reply by Your_Friendly_Neighborhood_Metalhead_11

posted

I love dutchies but I don't have one yet.  Normally I rescue but with the dutch shepherd breed characteristics I feel it's wiser to find a reputable breeder that breeds very balanced dogs before I get one.... they're crazy and I can be too so it's a match, but I need to save a fuckton of money for a puppy even. 

Report Reply