« Religion and Philosophy Forum

What do you guys think of games with murder like Doom, from a religious point of view?

I go to a religious school and the teacher for religion class went on a rant about games with violence/murder. I would also like to add that what do you think about the RBLX start pad. I say this since a community member some years ago very publicly left since they thought there were some demonic influences. Also please tell me why you have that particular opinion .

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lemmingsishard

posted

He knows the Bible inside and out. He could tell you about the most vulgar things in the Bible. His defense would be the moral teachings of Jesus.

Report Reply

Reply by ᚠᚱᛖᛃᚨ

posted

1 Corinthians 8:9 “Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak”. You can play games, watch shows, listen to music etc that isn’t Christian as long as it doesn’t interfere with / make you doubt your faith

As a Christian I love black metal and DOOM too, but I make sure that if I start to doubt my faith because of my interests I put God first. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lemmingsishard

posted

I don't doubt my faith right now, it is only beocoming stronger this lent.

Report Reply

Reply by REGAN

posted

Reply by Pöykäri

posted

All i know is wouldnt christians like doom bc in the game you litearly slay all kinds of demons and kill big persons from hell

Report Reply