« Back to the Photography Lovers Forum

how do i get rid of my fear of taking pics in public?

i am usually never an awkward person or the type to care about what others think but i get afraid that everyone around me finds it weird i like taking pictures in public

Report Topic

12 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by VGFN

posted

The way I see it is like this. I'm never gonna see those people ever again in my life. If they think it's weird, let them think that. They quite literally have no impact on your or my life.

Report Reply

Reply by BabyGirl

posted

I do it anyways. One time, I went on a walk with my uncle and sister. They were walking ahead of me. I was taking photos of birds in the trees. A woman and her son were walking behind me, and her son kept yelling at me to stop, but I kept taking pictures because he wasn't going to stop me. But I really was hoping that the mother would have said something to her son but she didn't. All of a sudden, his father catch up to them and he was the one who told him to stop and it doesn't concern him if I want to take pictures of nature. I understand the fear of having someone think that you are weird but you could be missing something that you will regret. For example, I was at a friend's house with other people around and I looked up at the sky and the moon was in the perfect place in the middle of two trees where their leaves made an outline of a heart and the moon was right in the middle of it. I was too afraid to take a picture of it because someone was sitting underneath it and I was afraid that they would assume I was taking a picture of them. I never got that opportunity back. I wish I would've taken the picture.

Report Reply

Reply by nino

posted
updated

Thank you so much for the reply i enjoyed reading it because of this certain topic, i really get scared that people dont mind their business sometimes but i still understand because i would be frightened by random flashes. And i am really trying my best to not miss any opportunities for a picture because this is gonna be all i have of my youth, thank you for telling me about that time you didnt take a picture of the moon and the two trees because i never realized that simple but once in a lifetime thing can be ruined by your confidence. I should definitely work on trying to just take pictures in public without caring about what others think

Report Reply

Reply by BabyGirl

posted
updated

Do you have trail walks? Start at a place where people already assumes that you will be taking pictures of nature.

Report Reply

Reply by nino

posted

I dont go on walks usually, the only occasion where i take pictures of nature is when im walking home from school and i see this very nice view with some trees. There is a lot of houses over there so i get really nervous if anyone thinks im taking pictures of their house

Report Reply

Reply by BabyGirl

posted

Oh, okay.

Report Reply

Reply by nino

posted

thank you so much though for the help, i started realizing that i shouldn’t miss out on taking pics because all of that is a once in a lifetime thing

Report Reply

Reply by BabyGirl

posted

You're welcome

Report Reply

Reply by jacinta🫧🪷ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄

posted

I get what you mean, i use to feel like this too but honestly who cares?? it’s great to capture moments so that you can look back on to it that’s pretty much the point of taking photos, right? I say you just do it and take them because you’ll be glad that you took them in the end.

Report Reply

Reply by nino

posted

you perfectly explained how i started feeling about this certain topic, i realized that taking a picture woul do any harm unless someone doesnt like how it turned out or dont wanna be in it then i understand completely 

Report Reply

Reply by BabyGirl

posted

How's it going? Got any exciting pictures? 🖼️

Report Reply

Reply by STAR_GIRL

posted

Personally, I just remind myself that those people honestly don't care about me cause as sad as it is we are, as humans obsessed with ourselves and the way people see us so they will be probably too preoccupied with themselves and won't even notice it and if they do they will forget it in the next 10 minute

Report Reply