« Back to the Furries of SpaceHey Forum

im scared

i want to tell my friends (on here, my spacehey friends) that im a furry because i really want to show them this drawing of my fursona  but i don't know how, i was kinda thinking of doing this:

(bulletin title) so i gotta confess to something..

(bulletin post) im a furry :D

i wanted to say that because sum1 else i know-ish on here is one too, and it made me want to confess that i am a furry! idk but i wanna show this drawing of fursona because i rrly like how it turned out

*insert drawing* (i haven't finished it yet lol)

anyways i want to post it but im afraidddddddd

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by CandyPawz

posted

Id say go for it, be chill about it :)

Being a furry isnt really a big deal and if folks got a problem with it thats their issue lol

Report Reply

Reply by Vergil

posted

This might be a late reply but post whatever you want, it doesn’t even have to be a spectacle. You can just engage in the fandom, post your art, and whoever sees it sees it. It’s not a big deal.

The people who’ll give you a hard time over a harmless hobby or interest are people who shouldn’t be kept around you anyway. Things like this tend to weed out those who don’t truly have any sort of loyal friendship with you in mind, which does turn out to be a good thing even if it hurts at the time. Thinking anthropomorphic animals are cool, drawing them, or dressing up as one isn’t shameful or really something to ‘come out’ as at all. It’s like any other hobby, like knitting or photography, you wouldn’t drag your feet and come out as someone who really likes to crochet in their spare time. That would be silly. 

Yes it’s unfortunately a subject of ridicule due to misconceptions and how the fandom appears strange to an outsider, but from experience you will find friends who see you and your interests as something to appreciate. Especially as you get older, friends do stop teasing as much and become much more mature about your and other people’s likes and dislikes, and you’ll stop feeling ashamed of them.

Report Reply

Reply by qwert

posted

personally furry junk isn't that serious, and people here on spacehey are fine with it usually

and if they're not? then i dunno, if something as small as that stops em liking you then did they really like you? that's what I think anyways, i guess don't shove it down peoples throats

Report Reply