« Back to the Paranormal Stuff Forum

psychosis or paranormal?

Ever since I was a kid, I have always been very paranoid. Being scared of every little thing. Watching scary videos only fueled this paranoia. So naturally, I was afraid of the dark. To be honest, I still am. When I was in 3rd grade, I was heading downstairs to eat breakfast. All of a sudden, I see a dark figure with a creepy smiling face. I obviously curled into a ball at the steps and sat there in silence for a few seconds. After looking up to see if the figure was still there, my dog comes out of no where and starts sniffing me. The figure was gone, never to be seen again. So, is this psychosis or paranormal? Keep in mind, I have also had other accounts of seeing and/or hearing things from that one experience onwards.

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Stoney Sills

posted

it's tough to call when it's from our childhoods, I too struggle with second guessing my experience's from back then. Odds are it was real but you've since then repressed believing it to the point where present spirits/entities around you, sense you're "closed off" & they move on to the next person more susceptible. Atleast that's how i think of it lol. hope that was helpful!

Report Reply

Reply by SUMAN SUMAN!!๐ŸŽ€

posted

Thank you, but can you please elaborate on the โ€œclosed offโ€ part? I didnโ€™t really understand it ๐Ÿซ 

Report Reply

Reply by Stoney Sills

posted

No problem! By closed off I mean, consciously or subconsciously ignoring any other presence in a space we might perceive. For instance, after realizing I have a mild clairvoyant ability, i had to train myself how to tune them out because in theory, spirits can pick up on who's sensitive. For me it works & ever since i stopped acknowledging the spirit in my home, everything calmed down & stayed so.

Report Reply

Reply by SUMAN SUMAN!!๐ŸŽ€

posted

Thank you for the explanation! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Brucey <3 Yung Gingseng

posted

Maybe schizophrenia?

Report Reply

Reply by Salem

posted

Honestly, It could be psychosis. I'm the exact way, super paranoid and watching stuff that's influenced it. Sometimes after I've just woken up or have been really tired I have auditory and visual hallucinations. You could've seen this due to stress or exhaustion mixed with the paranoia.

Report Reply