« Back to the School Sucks Forum

I hate algebra

Anyone else here absolutely hate algebra (and even geometry for that matter)? Because I certainly do. I've struggled with math since 1st grade and while I can now do arithmetic and plot lines on graphs correctly (which I struggled with in elementary school), I can't seem to understand algebra or geometry no matter how hard I try or how many times the same thing is repeated to me. Many of my maternal relatives have also gone through the same thing when they were in school, and what concerns me is the fact that I'm taking algebra 2 this school year (I'm a junior in high school) and I know damn well that the semester finals are coming up soon in mid January.

I also know damn well that I'm going to have to cheat my way through my algebra final since most finals at my school can either make or break your grades. I can't do algebra to save my life and it's the only way to earn those 5 semester credits in that class.

Fuck algebra, fuck geometry, and fuck being forced to take those classes in high school. I'm not even going to need this bullshit that I can't understand when I'm an adult in the real world.

Also, the only reason why I even passed algebra 1 and geometry during my freshman and sophomore years respectively in the 1st place was due to cheating. Hooray for the internet providing us answers to almost everything!!!

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Paris0217

posted

Just like science, I wonder when we are ever going to need the crap we learn in algebra later in life. I mean, I guess some people want to be math teachers or do something math related as a career but then why can't stuff like geometry and algebra be optional???? Of course we should know the basics but all the other stuff is probably going to be pretty pointless later in life. 

Report Reply

Reply by sloan ✧・゚:*

posted

OH MY MATH IS LITERALLY THE WORST THING EVER TO EXIST. MY BRAIN SHUTS OFF WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO TALK MATH LIKE WHAT R U SAYING OH MY IT SOUNDS LIKE A FOREIGN LANGAUGE 2 ME !!!! IT MAKES ME FEEL SO DUMB  (TT)

Report Reply

Reply by Blue_kitkat_

posted

I hate math so much as well!! I feel like someone is talking something so incoherent and stupid that my brain turns in to a potato smash!!

Report Reply

Reply by Ray

posted
updated

i agree with the paris0217 person like omfg. Yes obviously you need to know the basic things from algebra and geometry but seriously why do i need to understand advanced algebra and geometry in order to get into highschool? ( im from romania and in 8th grade all of the 8th graders take math and romanian tests with lessons you learned in grades 5-8 and if you get a low score ur basically doomed ) people always use the " it develops your thinking and logical skills " or whatever and yes, thats true but the fact that my future depends on advanced algebra and that test is honestly so dumb. im never gonna use algebra formulas ever again because i wont have a career based on math. " every career has math in it!!! " yes but not advanced math, literally just the basics. 

Report Reply