« Back to the Equestria Forum

What are your thoughts on equestria girls?

i didn't enjoy it as much as friendship is magic, but I liked the concept of a high school au where all the ponies are students and the princesses are teachers and stuff.

Report Topic

14 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by jackie

posted

I thought the concept was neat, but some of the character designs like luna and Big Mac looked weird.

Report Reply

Reply by w4t3rm3l0n

posted
updated

@jackie EXACTLY WHY DID THEY WHITEWASH LUNA AND BIG MAC OMG

also they thought they were so sneaky when they swapped cheerilee's hair and skin colour to make her whiter...

Report Reply

Reply by iNN0XiA

posted

Rainbow Rocks was better than the other movies and Legend of Everfree was the worst of it.

Report Reply

Reply by w4t3rm3l0n

posted

@iNN0XiA yeah I think rainbow rocks is the best one too, cuz the dazzlings r rlly cool and I think under our spell is the only good Equestria girls songs (friendship is magic has such a good soundtrack why couldn't they have it on the same level for EQG?) but my least favourite is friendship games. its so boring idek why I watched the whole thing.

Report Reply

Reply by Kha0t1xL1nx

posted

Hated them ever since I was a kid lol

Report Reply

Reply by Quentin

posted
updated

I've only seen the first movie last year and rainbow rocks when I was younger and its fine, not as good as the actual G4 mlp show but its alr ig.

Report Reply

Reply by antianchovy

posted

LOOOVE the 40 Min specials my favorite is Sunset's Backstage Pass (SO MUCH PINKIE/SUNSET) and Forgotten Friendship is my second fav.

Report Reply

Reply by Sunshyne60

posted

I love Equestria Girls, especially Sunset Shimmer (she really carries the series lol.) Forgotten Friendship might be one of my favorite MLP episodes period. Wallflower is so precious and I relate to her so much ;w;

EQG deserved far better than it got, production wise. Though, honestly, I feel like EQG really thrives in fanworks. More than Friendship is Magic. EQG's timeline and canon is very loose compared to FiM, which has a very rigid canon of events. The lack of world and character development gives EQG fic writers a lot more room to play around in and just roll with what comes, rather than worrying about contradicting something.

Report Reply

Reply by screechingsky

posted

the highschool au is really cool!! my favorite thing that came out of equestria girls had to be sunset shimmer though cause THAT IS MY GF FR. 

Report Reply

Reply by swaggy sage B)

posted

i honestly really liked the human designs and everything (fluttershy looked so silly X3) the soundtrack is amazing and everything (i LOVE rainbow rocks) just legend of everfree legit didnt have to exist tho...

Report Reply

Reply by Dinic 💫

posted

I was a weird nonhuman even back when EQG was released, so I never liked it nearly as much as the original. I like the ponies and the magic in the world, and high school/human AUs have aways been so much more boring to me. I also don't personally like fashion dolls like they were trying to go for

I can understand why others like it though! it's just not for me personally

Report Reply

Reply by blueberyramune

posted

I love equestria girls as much as normal fim!! i luv especially luv the better together specials and shorts!!!!! andc the coinky dink world music video i love it so much

Report Reply

Reply by EnderCatCore

posted

while FiM is far better i find equestria girls still pretty fun (atleast based on the 3 movies of it i watched)

the first movie is honestly my favorite, as unpopular as that might be to say when rainbow rocks is there. its a simple story but a fun concept that i really enjoyed! rainbow rocks is cool also but its just less enjoyable overall for me. i absolutely love the songs though!

also friendship games for me is kinda weak tbh but it has some really cool concepts and ideas! i especially love the unleash the magic sequence near the end! ^w^

Report Reply

Reply by Brooklyn

posted

Personally I love the movies sm and have since I was a kid (Literally obsessed w Rainbow rocks), but I feel like a few of the designs could have been a little better. I wish Luna's skin was a bit darker like her pony, literakky whitewashed my girl wth

Report Reply