« Helping each other Forum

idk what to do, asking for advice

ik it's better to ask professionals, than some random ppl online. and i will ask my counselor, but for now i just want 2 see if anyone here can offer some good advice, about social anxiety. so it's been progressively getting worse, im losing friends and can't approach ppl and am really stuck, idk wat to do. anything to get out of my comfort zone feels like too big of a step. does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Report Topic

2 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Doldrums

posted

Definitely something to discuss with a professional, any advice I can give is simply my own thought and not based in any professional opinion. 

Confidence in yourself and your abilities is like a muscle, it needs to be practiced and strengthened and then maintained or you can find yourself having difficulty doing basic things you used to do no sweat, it sounds like you are falling out of practice more and more and your concerns are mounting up, the best way to become used to something is to subject yourself to it and build up over time, try going on walks during the day time in populated or calm safe places, being outside and getting sunlight can do you the world of good, and it's an easy low impact first step you can take, talking to friends is helpful too, try to hold onto some of those, it's not as unnerving as interacting with strangers, phone conversation or over the mic conversation can help too. 

If it's not so much the social aspects that daunting to you and is instead something else, then some light exposure to what you're finding uncomfortable can help begin to familiarise yourself with it. 

Finally it might be a specific issue in your life that is causing a lot of undue stress, and the anxiety likely wont go away until it is dealt with, this is where it would be best discussed with a professional, I hope you can get help with your concern, good luck with your anxiety, it can be very tricky to deal with, I used to struggle a lot with it too, I couldn't even order food when outside without feeling a million daggers digging into me, but after time and reprioritisation and facing a lot of challenges in my life I can do things like that no sweat now, talking on the phone is effortless and interacting with stranger doesn't bother me, you can tackle your anxiety too I am sure. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

thanks lots!!!

Report Reply