« Back to the trans Forum

Anyone here actual been to a pride event?

Posted by Eva_Sadana

posted

Forum: trans Group

I went to orlando pride this year and had a ball! Just curious if anyone else has been to pride in there own city and what it was like for ya'll.

Report Topic

11 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Eva_Sadana

posted

YA we ended up leaving about half way though the parade because it just turned into a corp show rather than the actual people as it were but the event itself was great!! It was my first time going to one though it felt very oddly like an anime convention lol.

Report Reply

Reply by PRINCESS_ELI

posted

i have not im actualy keeping it a secret from my parents

Report Reply

Reply by Eva_Sadana

posted

Ya no i understand that closeted life sucks heck  i'm half in and out myself. My partner is just in another state so i get a good chance to be myself  and it's delightful. Currently living that daily boy mode life though as i'm around my family but my whole friend group knows and accepts me which is nice at least and provides a safe place. 

Report Reply

Reply by daniel

posted

once a friend of mine invited me to go with her and her friends to a pride parade,so cool!

like,of course i was going but,what excuse would i give to my family?,_, this is sad

its my dream to go to a parade

Report Reply

Reply by WEIRDORAMA 🛸

posted

i've been, but it was back when i identified as a lesbian. haven't been since... hoping to go soon. 

Report Reply

Reply by JackMan

posted

Been to a ton, I'm in Sydney so Mardi gras is always huge and has so many events holy shit. Went to the parade this year, it was also world pride so even larger than usual, best night honestly made a friend, complimented people, the parade was hella fun. Hope everyone who wants to go to a pride event can go some day, it's the most heart warming shit to see other people like you celebrate themselves and not be ashamed, really helped me to accept my transness

Report Reply

Reply by JackMan

posted

Been to a ton, I'm in Sydney so Mardi gras is always huge and has so many events holy shit. Went to the parade this year, it was also world pride so even larger than usual, best night honestly made a friend, complimented people, the parade was hella fun. Hope everyone who wants to go to a pride event can go some day, it's the most heart warming shit to see other people like you celebrate themselves and not be ashamed, really helped me to accept my transness

Report Reply

Reply by clare

posted

this summer i went to iowa city pride while i was there for a summer program i was doing it was sooo fun. so freeing to be in a space with just a bunch of queer people yk. also theres so much free stuff its awesome

Report Reply

Reply by HELLERLINE

posted

Not yet, seems fun tho

Report Reply

Reply by RatGoblin

posted
updated

Yes! I lived in Colorado in high school so I've been to Denver Pride a few times, including marching in the parade! Years later, halfway across the country, I end up living and working with a guy from the same state who I'd never met but had unknowingly marched in the same parade as me!

My favorite pride experience was Kentucky Pride the weekend after gay marriage was legalized in the US. I went with the aformentioned coworker and a few more folks I was living and working with at the time. The attitude was very much "this battle was won but the war isn't over," and we met some absolutely amazing people there! Someone was going around splattering rainbow paint on anyone who agreed to get covered in paint, and I still have the sports bra I was wearing that got paint-splattered that day. I feel like someday that thing will end up in a museum! 

All in all a joyful experience! I still remember one coworker trying and failing to pretend she wasn't drunk in the back of the company van on our way back to where we were staying! That group of coworkers were the first people I told I might be trans when I was still figuring myself out, so these memories have a special place in my heart!

Report Reply

Reply by Cofecito

posted

Yo fui el año pasado, fue muy divertido, todos fueron lindos y muy amables, hasta me regalaron un binder y personas aleatorias abrazaron y me decían cosas agradables, siempre me siento seguro, fue lindo, planeo ir otra vez este año 

Report Reply