« Helping each other Forum

How to quit certain social medias?

Posted by Alex

posted
updated

Forum: Helping each other

Hi, I’m Alex. To start off, I wanna say that I’m not addicted to social media. However I am moderately autistic, and I feel like if I delete certain social medias, I won’t be “in the know” about certain things anymore, which I am scared of.

The social media in question is really only one, and it’s as you might have assumed, TikTok. 

In my age range, most people post on and use TikTok. I’ve had the app since the “musical.ly” days. In ways, I think it’s somewhat nostalgic. However in more recent years, I feel it’s just become such a dumpster fire of conceited teenagers posting their chronically online “hot takes” filled with online buzzwords and other things. 

However, TikTok is probably one of, if not THE, biggest social media and “news” outlet. You don’t go on TikTok for two days, suddenly you’re clueless about everything. Being autistic, I often have trouble keeping up with things, and TikTok would help. However I find myself so frustrated with the users on it that it’s seeping into reality, you know?

So I guess my question is, how do I make myself okay with deleting (or at least offloading) the app? I don’t have much social media anyways, but I’m trying to make my life as easy as I can. 

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Alex

posted

Thank you for that, I appreciate that. I'll actually try that. I'm just very used to being the last one to know things, but honestly, you don't always need to know every little thing. Thanks kind stranger :)

Report Reply