« Back to the Deranged SpaceHey Gamers Forum

Opinions on OW2?

The monetization is awful but I'm curious to know if anyone is playing it and enjoying it? I really like kiriko.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by ASRA !!

posted

basically ow2, for me, is a game built on corporate greed and false promises. The devs spent most of their time making pve only for that to be cut by the higher-ups because pve 'won't make them enough money'. They did release a campaign pve mode that only lasts for 30 minutes and THEY PRICED IT AT 15 DOLLARS.

Ever since the ow team announced that the pve will be stripped off like, 50% the promises made at blizzcon 2019, they've been trying to bring back overwatch 1 'back'. The on fire system got reworked and I'm happy it's back, but some heroes got nonsensical buffs (like mei's primary fire, like bring freeze back atp. And widowmaker's nerf made it so she now needs to be pocketed by a mercy to even be functional as a 'sniper'.)

For the cosmetics, BRING BACK LOOTBOXES!!! Back when ow had lootboxes the legendary skins had quality. But now that the only difference I see with the new skins is that one skin is just more expensive than the other based on 'rarity'(except mythic skins, I love the mythic skins.) 

Gameplay-wise I'll say it's better than valo (which is a low standard for me bcz valo is a shitstorm of a game that I will never touch). The characters are really engaging and have different skill floors and ceilings (I like playing ramattra and zenyatta. I find echo to be the hardest hero to master tbh). 

Lorewise, I really love the world of overwatch. From the cinematics to voicelines and comics, they build the character's motives and personality more along with the worldbuilding (except kiriko, i hate the dynamic between her cinematic and her voicelines).

For the players.....eh..... Some are nice but others are really tryharding too much even in qp (quick play) so most of the time I play custom games instead. Also toxic people in vc Xp.

Overall, Blizzard was better, and I hope overwatch 2 will get the glory it once had back. Sorry if this was a long read I just like the franchise alot XD

Report Reply