« Helping each other Forum

♡ how do you deal with loneliness on your own?

Hello! I don't really know how else to preface this without venting, so here's a heads-up on that one. I feel like the solutions to my particular feelings of loneliness are very very specific to my situation.

Lately, I've been so busy with my school organization and my endless college backlogs, and it's kind of turned into a domino effect of pain I'm currently experiencing. Firstly, for context, I'm currently taking up animation and I genuinely feel that is where I am at my strongest and most comfortable at. I love being able to problem solve with the way I do art. But this semester in particular, I have barely drawn. I've been busy doing my research for my animated thesis. And I do like research, but this is a solo project and I would be lying if I said it wasn't very, very tedious, especially for a perfectionist like me, who is really, really into the topic they are discussing.

As I previously mentioned, I've also been busy being the Logistics Head of our organization, one that I joined for being a creative. And there is a LOT that I am learning and doing and this momentum of bringing myself to learn and do new things to improve is great. But I've been at it for way too long and I'm just so tired. I have not been in my element, and it makes me feel worthless and tired. I also recently had an altercation with a friend of mine who had also ended up making me feel very worthless and incompetent. That issue is solved, but I think it still somewhat affects me to this day.

Now, I don't really have the time to do things on my own or to go out to maintain the relationships I have. I also had recently taken a break with my partner because they had yet to change a huge problem I had with them that hurt me deeply. And I know the rest of my closer friends are going through it too. Even if I could reach out, again, I'm just too busy and tired. 

Now that I'm typing all of this out, I really am Going Through It and it's a little embarrassing eheh

But regardless, I'd just really like to know anyone's thoughts on being able to deal with loneliness, or at least mediate it, by ourselves! I've recently been straying away from social media where I see IRL people, since seeing everyone go out and have fun just hasn't been the best for my brain. Comparing myself sucks!!! I've also tried squeezing in a few doodles and it does help for a short period of time. It sucks that I currently can't take the big steps to actually solve loneliness (aka actually involving other people), but the least I can control right now is myself!

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

No matter how much, or how often people hurt each other, loving someone is never a waste ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

Report Topic

3 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Alex

posted

Hi there. I see you're struggling with loneliness, and I know that feeling. I'm autistic, so making friends has never been easy for me, leading to that feeling. I've only had a few, and none of them stuck (however I do have a girlfriend). 

I think in a sense, you kind of just have to learn to be okay with being alone. Which is not easy to do. And it's a personal experience. I personally focus on school, or I play some games.

I wish you the best of luck.

Report Reply

Reply by iAmThatKidYouKnowWhatiMean

posted

honestly it feels impossible for me,its like you can just simply get used to it but eventually it catches up to you i guess

it never phased me personally before bc i was always alone id say but reccently i had friends,but lost them again and yk since then being lonely rly hurts.

this doesnt help me tbh but maybe try having online friends?

Report Reply

Reply by TidalMoon

posted
updated

I think that a lot of this loneliness might have to do with the stress you're feeling. You're stuck by yourself doing work all day, you have no time for yourself let alone others. Try to carve little moments out for yourself, no matter how small. Those are the moments that make life bearable. I see you've been trying to do that, with the doodling and that's a good start! You don't have to go outside or do something big to have time for yourself. It can be as simple as playing music, having a treat like ice cream, and letting the thoughts in your mind wander away from your life for 5-10 minutes.

As for the Logistics position, is it something that you truly want to go forward with in the future, or have you been doing it because of all the responsibilities that you can't seem to leave behind because "if I don't do it then who will?" 

After your work for your class ends, see how you feel. Do you still feel lonely, or does the extra time allow you to finally connect with your friends? I hope this helped, I know I asked a lot of loaded questions and you don't have to acknowledge them. Good luck in the future! :)

Report Reply