« General Forum

infodump ur current hyperfixations (nd ppl)

all i have to say right now is im so obsessed with mimi barks and her music is the best ive ever heard adn i dmed her and she replied and she was gonna come w me to get he r handwriting tatted on me but i live across the world waaaaaaaaaa so instead she sent me lyrics she wrote that are gonna be on her upcoming ep and told me to send her the pic of the tattoo when i get it and hskjfhskjdfh u best know i was fangirling and squealing in my room at the ripe old age of 22

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by h88357

posted

Omg thats awesome!!!! Ive never heard of her but i will look into her music! I would feel the same if my favorite artist replied to me :) im thinking abt getting some of his lyrics tatted on me someday and sometimes he posts peoples tats on his ig, so that would be really cool if he noticed me ! Congrats!!!

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

whats a hyperfixation? is it like where u fix stuff multiple times in seconds?

Report Reply

Reply by Data

posted

I've absolutely been obsessed with the career of Weird Al Yankovic lately. Its genuinely so interesting to me and the fact that some of his earliest work is lost media drives me up the wall!!!! I love digging up old TV appearances and radio spots he did, my favorite of which is below:

There's so many layers to hiss career, from his early days on the Dr. Demento radio show to his breakout 80s hits to his movie to his sadly short lived tv show... I grew up with his stuff, too, so it all adds a layer of nostalgia and familiarity to it. I also find his whole stchick very validating as an autistic person, it inspires me to be more wierd and authentic in my real life :]

I also may have a small (see: enormous) crush on him but that's neither here nor there...

Report Reply

Reply by Neo

posted

man i need 2 go to bed BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im revisiting one of my favorite games of all time lately - TRON 2.0 - and its still just as fantastic as when i first picked it up!

there's a LOT of parallels between TRON 2.0 and TRON Legacy because 2.0 itself and the characters within it ended up in a weird legal gray area between monolith studios & disney... so disney just copied half the plot when they made legacy and then made it worse. lmao. lol.

in the game, you play as jet bradley. he's the son of alan bradley, the creator of tron, the program from the original movie. jet is Going Through It... his mom, lora, died when he was a kid in an accident involving the laser. turns out his dad's been continuing lora's work all this time. he had a rough time in high school, couldnt focus on anything but computer classes, got in trouble with the law for hacking things... we dont know too much ab what happens to him in between then and now but it's now 2003 and he's working at encom--dad's company--and living at home with him while he does game dev stuff in a different department.

since this is a TRON game, you eventually end up inside the computer... i dont wanna spoil too much of the plot but it's really complicated and takes a lot of weird twists. but it really is like a y2k version of tron: legacy where you get a gun. LOL.

highly recommend getting it from the next gog.com sale because it's between $2.50 and $3, but i bought it for the full $10 current price and dont regret it. (but get the gog version and not the steam version, the steam version has some weird glitches.)

TRON 2.0 means a lot to me. it's hard to put it into words, but a lot of the things that make TRON mean a lot to me, TRON 2.0 does them in ways that resonate the most with me. i think more than anything both the tron sequels are about how technology changes how we mourn people. in TRON Legacy, Flynn is still alive inside the computer, and he can never come back to the user world but he's still intact in there. in TRON 2.0, lora was only partially digitized, and she lives on through ma3a - an assistant program alan built that utilized the pieces of lora that were digitized. alan dedicated himself to building ma3a, preserving her legacy and the last "living" pieces of her, but she's never going to be lora anymore... she's not even humanoid. she lives on through the people who keep her work alive even if she's never returning and she'll never exist as lora baines-bradley anymore. which feels more true to what it's like to lose someone in the digital world. idk.

it's a fantastic mind-boggling game that i highly recommend to anyone who liked tron. it was state-of-the-art for graphics when it dropped in 2003 but these days it could probably run on a toaster.

Report Reply