« Back to the MonsterHigh Forum

Live Action

Posted by Ronni

posted

Forum: MonsterHigh Group

What are your guy's thoughts on the new Monster High live action that was just announced? Since we have the new cast already and everything

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Frances

posted

||  I really hope this live action is based upon the original concept and not the reboot. I really want MH to become as popular as it was back in the day, and I need this live action to be somewhat good for it to happen. The plot seems alright, as long as the writing's alright I think I can ignore the differences from the already-established canon they might pull off.

As for the cast, I really like them, honestly! I'm expecting them to look really different in costume, and I'm sure a lot of effort will be put into those. ||

Report Reply

Reply by forbitten

posted

i really hope its good because the past 2 movies from 2016-2018 are so freaking horrible

Report Reply

Reply by Mittens23

posted

I hope it's like the old monster high (although coming from nickelodeon I don't think so)

I just hope to see my favorite monsters

Report Reply

Reply by Sal3m

posted

Honestly, i'm looking foward too it. Anything is better than the newer movies.

Report Reply

Reply by Sal3m

posted

Honestly, i'm looking foward too it. Anything is better than the newer movies.

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_cyan_dreams_xX

posted

Personally not expecting a lot since it's going to be a nickelodeon movie but hopefully it will still be a fun watch and more like the original series and less like the reboot :D. I also don't think the leaked photo looked THAT bad since to me the actors look like their dolls though, I was expecting it to be worse with them not even having body paint (let alone it matching the skin tones of the dolls well) so that's probably why I don't hate it :-).

Report Reply

Reply by Leah <3

posted
updated

even if it is horrible im still going to watch it over and over until I'm sick of it 

edit: nvm I'm not watching that shit

Report Reply

Reply by Kaya

posted
updated

im just hoping they stick to one of the og monster high plots maybe and the heels better be just as good

Report Reply

Reply by Trinn Breadroll

posted

I'm really hoping that they stick to the original personalities of the characters. I'm worried that the rumors of frankie being the "mean girl" are gonna come to be true. I feel like the premise of the movie isn't too terrible though. :)

Report Reply

Reply by Jinafire15

posted

I hope it is going to be alright. Im also hoping for dolls that are in store and the prices of older dolls when they were in store, anyone else?

Report Reply

Reply by dolcy !

posted

I just really hope they acknowledge Clawdeen isn’t the only half-human monster? Since like there are plenty in franchise.

Report Reply

Reply by salem

posted

i hope its good, but i really hope it doesn't turn out like that nickelodeon movie, z.o.m.b.i.e.s, because i feel like it might be that way. idc im gonna watch it repeatedly.

Report Reply

Reply by Wombslayer3000

posted

I'm honestly pretty scared that it's going to turn out bad because they didn't get a black actor for Clawdeen, and instead, they just got someone with curly brown hair.

Report Reply

Reply by ana key

posted

im really disappointed in what ive seen so far they have gotten rid and changed so much stuff

Report Reply

Reply by Gorixology

posted

Personally I would give it a 7.5/10 because although it was nice to finally have a live action movie that we have waited for with fair representation. But it feels like most of the topics mentioned in the film were covered in Ghouls Rule and Freaky Fusion but in a High School Musical or Descendant vibe. Also, anyone else kept wondering if they were watching Disney or was it just me?

Report Reply

Reply by KATIE / STYXX ^_^

posted

KAY !! So I just recently watched the movie, and it waz honestly pretty good! I wasn't a fan of tha music, but that's okay! I like some of the changez that they made, and the character designs make 4 sum good dollz! I could complain abt how far it is from original canon, but I know they r trying to make something new and exciting for every kind of MH fan :3

Some things obviously could've been thought out better, but I think that tha actorz did the best with wut they had<33

Report Reply